Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Resistance 2 Beta Sign-up

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Europe to get 80GB PS3?

Old 22-12-2007, 01:09   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Europe to get 80GB PS3?

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...rope-500.phtml

Although it does say at the end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-Lint
We got in touch with a Sony Europe spokesperson who stated: "The HD World newsletter is written by external sources, and the report quoted is from independent analysts. There is absolutely no 80GB version of the PS3 planned for Europe in 2008".

... but, then again, I don't tend to trust Sony denials... (or MS for that matter)
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2007, 11:09   #2
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Europe to get 80GB PS3?

LOL, I'd be happier if they fixed all the annoying little bugs first, such as DVD/BD freezing when the wireless connection is on.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 14:35   #3
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
LOL, I'd be happier if they fixed all the annoying little bugs first, such as DVD/BD freezing when the wireless connection is on.
Ive never had a DVD freeze on me and my wireless is always on. Maybe your PS3 is broke?
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 14:41   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Have you got the latest firmware (2.10)?

I've not used mine for dvd/BD yet so I can't say if its a problem or not.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 15:41   #5
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Have you got the latest firmware (2.10)?

I've not used mine for dvd/BD yet so I can't say if its a problem or not.
Yes I have got the latest firmware, its a known bug, but I am not sure if its been fixed in 2.10.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 16:13   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am always tempted to get a PS3 purely on the basis of it's media playing. Also PS1 games....

WHY WONT THEY REMAKE FF7!!!
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 17:04   #7
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am always tempted to get a PS3 purely on the basis of it's media playing. Also PS1 games....

Thinking about updating my psp firmware so I can try "remote play" of ps1 games... although if I do that i'll lose homebrew
Old 22-12-2007, 17:08   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

What is remote play anyway, the games runs on the PS3 but you play on the PSP? Can you not play PS1 games on the PSP anyway?
Old 22-12-2007, 17:12   #9
dragon
Inactive

Quote:
What is remote play anyway, the games runs on the PS3 but you play on the PSP? Can you not play PS1 games on the PSP anyway?
I think so.....

err yes but I think they have to be bought/downloaded from the ps3 store...

the hacked psp OE firmware will play dumps from the discs however it doesn't handle multidisk games very well,
Old 22-12-2007, 21:31   #10
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Agreed lol I want a FF7 Remake PLEASE ! ! ! the FF fans have been crying out for this for a while now I only hope Square-Enix start to take notice.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 09:24   #11
Begize
Inactive

Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Remote Play (at the moment), just allows you to play media (music, video etc) from the PSP on a PS3 and vice versa.

There are some games that do support / will support it in future but they are few and far between. There was rumours of the PSP being used as a rear view mirror in racing games for example and I think Lair also allows you to play the PS3 game on the PSP.

You can play PS1 games on a PSP if you have the correct firmware to support it (official or unofficial). You can either buy the downloads from the Playstation Store, obtain them elsewhere for free or rip your own old PS1 games.
Begize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 10:23   #12
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Will metal gear solid and FF7 be on the store eventually?
Old 29-01-2008, 20:00   #13
Begize
Inactive

Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Will metal gear solid and FF7 be on the store eventually?
I would have thought MGS would be in there at some point, FF7 might be a problem as it's multi-disc and I think there are "issues" with how you swap discs.

In the original PSX it was easy, you flipped open the cover and put the new disc in when it said - on the PSP they would have to re-write the game or the PSP firmware to allow you swap to a different downloaded file.
Begize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 21:19   #14
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Seems that the 80GB PS3 is on its way out in the US...

The current rumour is that it may be replaced with a 120 or 160GB PS3.

http://www.psu.com/Update--GamestopE...0002557-p0.php

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...ock-3-incoming

Although Sony say "No Comment" to releasing a new SKU in America, they have denied there will be a new SKU for Europe:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=32512
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 21:23   #15
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I want to get a PS3, but I need one that is backward compatable with PS2 games as I nearly have 100.

The 40GB version isn't backward compatable
The 60GB was but has been discontinued.

The 80 apparently is but as of yet not for sale in the UK.

Oh well play the waiting game.