Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 06-05-2010, 14:52   #151
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Worst: we buy any car dot com
In my own opinion its an ad made by chavs for chavs
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32   #152
coolstrutter
Inactive

coolstrutter is an unknown quantity at this point

The new Master Card ad is my fav at the moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGN6cOlxYns

and like many other peeps i could quite easily punch that guy who sings/shouts the Go Compare advert....
coolstrutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05   #153
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Nooo My ears, it burns!

-----

I love this advert (latest John Lewis one) but it seems to be a bit Marmite. Some love it, some hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnLewi...w=john%20lewis
I like the song.I always have.It's a Billy Joel classic.
Old 07-05-2010, 20:00   #154
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Anyone seen the advert for Ikea? so funny!
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 21:03   #155
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Nooo My ears, it burns!

-----

I love this advert (latest John Lewis one) but it seems to be a bit Marmite. Some love it, some hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnLewi...w=john%20lewis
Also quite pointless as you tend to forget who they are advertising unless you wait until the end, but I have usually fast forwarded through it so it cannot annoy me.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 21:33   #156
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I hate

Go Compare, Jedward one, redded git in Bernard Matthews.

I like the Barclaycard water slide one,

the one where they playing football with blindfolds and the ball has a bell, the ball gets kicked out of play and a cat with a bell enters the pitch, and gets the boot.
Old 07-05-2010, 22:03   #157
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I hate

Go Compare, Jedward one, redded git in Bernard Matthews.

I like the Barclaycard water slide one,

the one where they playing football with blindfolds and the ball has a bell, the ball gets kicked out of play and a cat with a bell enters the pitch, and gets the boot.
Don't you just wish you could have a go on that slide
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:44   #158
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Also quite pointless as you tend to forget who they are advertising unless you wait until the end, but I have usually fast forwarded through it so it cannot annoy me.
I've looked at the link and im still at a lost to what they are advertising. The ad to me was like it was showing a little girl going through different stages in her life till she was a grandmother and that was it.

What are they advertising
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 17:06   #159
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The new Irn-Bru advert
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 17:10   #160
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Was enjoying that and thought it was so cute till the end
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 17:32   #161
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal

Oh without a doubt - British Gas. Talk about being bombarded, it's bad enough on the telly, but even worse on commercial radio - extremely irritating. In fact every time it comes on I deliberately switch stations, that's how much I hate it! and (to top it off even more) ever since I saw the complaint on BBC Watchdog where their workers were deliberately breaking into people's homes to fit payment meters (even when victims were not British Gas customers) I detest them even more - **** bags!

Si thee
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 18:09   #162
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I love this advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OuJZGDCHE
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 16:43   #163
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Love the banned Penguin ad set in the sports shop. I doubt it ever made it to TV
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 16:47   #164
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Love the banned Penguin ad set in the sports shop. I doubt it ever made it to TV
That is because it is fake hence the swearing and the reason I would not post the Youtube link.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 22:35   #165
xthedarkhourx
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL V+ Sky Sports M Phone L BB
xthedarkhourx is on a distinguished roadxthedarkhourx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xthedarkhourx

They've just shown the old Milky Way ad (Red Car & Blue Car), I always remember the old Satellite & Meteor ad they had on. They don't make ads like they used to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFh7kGNThQ
xthedarkhourx is offline   Reply With Quote