Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Goodbye Virgin Hello Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BBC TV guide wrong? - Can a VM person check?

Old 26-02-2012, 21:11   #1
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
BBC TV guide wrong? - Can a VM person check?

Just checking as it shows Countryfile 7-8pm then Antiques Roadshow 8-9pm but Countryfile is still on at the moment and the BBC TV guide shows Countryfile is on until 2020hrs...

Suspect football or something earlier may have pushed the schedule back? Does Tivo normally update to such events?

Not sure if that might affect recordings etc on that channel?
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2012, 21:20   #2
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: BBC TV guide wrong? - Can a VM person check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Just checking as it shows Countryfile 7-8pm then Antiques Roadshow 8-9pm but Countryfile is still on at the moment and the BBC TV guide shows Countryfile is on until 2020hrs...

Suspect football or something earlier may have pushed the schedule back? Does Tivo normally update to such events?

That is the problem with not having a dynamic epg it has changed on my freeview hd box.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 21:28   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
That is the problem with not having a dynamic epg it has changed on my freeview hd box.
My Sky+HD relic of a box has also updated
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 22:00   #4
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough

Is this one of the things that's being looked at for the Tivo?
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 22:11   #5
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Certainly will, you will end up missing the end of Country File

Quote:
Is this one of the things that's being looked at for the Tivo?
It might appear at some time, especially after we all start paying £5 a month to have the luxury of having a TIVO in the house
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 22:11   #6
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

I have posted about the incorrect listings before the amount of programs I wanted to watch when I go to the channel a different program is showing who is responsible for correct tv listings it's bit disgrasfull for a content provide to have wrong listings so many times especially with TiVo all the bells and whistles but can't provide correct basic tv list
Old 26-02-2012, 22:21   #7
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

We better get used to this, what with the Olympics and Euro 2012 coming up.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 00:40   #8
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
I have posted about the incorrect listings before the amount of programs I wanted to watch when I go to the channel a different program is showing who is responsible for correct tv listings it's bit disgrasfull for a content provide to have wrong listings so many times especially with TiVo all the bells and whistles but can't provide correct basic tv list
The football earlier went to extra time and knocked out all the times on the later programmes. It kind of caught up when Upstairs Downstairs came on at 9:05pm instead of 9pm.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 00:47   #9
SkyFTW
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+HD ,Sky Multiroom, Sky unlimited BB, Anytime+
SkyFTW can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The football earlier went to extra time and knocked out all the times on the later programmes. It kind of caught up when Upstairs Downstairs came on at 9:05pm instead of 9pm.

My Sky EPG didn't need to catch up, it corrected as soon as the football ran late. Its good to know the £3 TiVo fee is providing such a good service. LMAO....

Ohh and the welsh call center is extremely efficient from what I'm hearing when compared to Liverpool. So that's good news for VM.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
You may not know this but Sky have people who's job it is to update the EPG, they have all the permissions needed to instantly make universal changes to the listings.
SkyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote