Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrading to Premiere Collection (w/ 100MB) from XL PLus - cost?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrading to Premiere Collection (w/ 100MB) from XL PLus - cost?

Old 27-05-2012, 12:15   #16
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: Upgrading to Premiere Collection (w/ 100MB) from XL PLus - cost?

Got install booked for 31st!
The downstairs V+HD is being relocated, 1TB TiVo downstairs and installation fee has had £20 knocked off.

Can't complain.
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-06-2012, 16:13   #17
Pontiac
Inactive

Pontiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Upgrading to Premiere Collection (w/ 100MB) from XL PLus - cost?

Finally sorted this out, my install is booked for Saturday.

Phoned up customer services and said to upgrade and the guy initially started quoting it would be MORE expensive for me! I'm currently on the old XL Plus scheme (50 meg bb/1 x V+ 1 x standard box, XL phone) which as stated was phased out years ago but they recently jacked the price up to £88 (I was initially paying £66).

I had to actually mention the premier collection and build your own bundle page specced 100mb premier for me at £66.15 (he was trying to say it would be nearer £100 p/m!)

Just shows you need to have facts to hand when phoning customer services otherwise they will walk all over you.

There is a £49 installation charge for the Tivo but I couldn't be bothered to try and argue with it. I'm saving £22 p/m and getting Tivo and 100 meg on top of what I've got now so I'm happy. Tying me into a 12 month contract but I can't see me going anywhere
Pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote