Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Are paper coffee cups microwaveable ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Are paper coffee cups microwaveable ?

Old 03-12-2005, 07:38   #16
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Re: Are paper coffee cups microwaveable ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365
Thanks all - my active learning style is satisfied and it's go go paper cup in microwave for me

And there's a burns unit in the hospital round the corner from my office, so I've got all possibilities covered

Oh, and off topic tick - if you ever want to put a link in a post, copy the website address you want to link to, type the text you want to appear in the message, highlight it, click on the blue & green globe icon with a chain by it (just next to to the indent button) and past the website address in the box that pops up.

Any questions, just post back

Thanks all

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Mmmmm Richard Hammond

I'll have some of that for lunch instead

Just remember to take the plasric lid off.
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2005, 18:12   #17
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge
Just remember to take the plasric lid off.
Why does Richard Hammond have a plastic lid on?
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 18:41   #18
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones

do a google for "thermal mug", billions of results

http://www.ultimatepursuits.co.uk/pr...133&vertical=1
for one

Or, just buy a Thermos flask...
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 18:52   #19
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

These might be better (and safer in the long run)

As I understand things you want to take a tin of soup to work, heat it in a "former" coffee paper cup in the microwave and use the lid supplied to prevent spillage on the way back to your desk?
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 20:23   #20
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
These might be better (and safer in the long run)
Not fair Everyone's ganging up on me. Again

Quote:
As I understand things you want to take a tin of soup to work, heat it in a "former" coffee paper cup in the microwave and use the lid supplied to prevent spillage on the way back to your desk?
Spot on. I could heat it up in a proper microwave bowl and transfer to a thermos for the perilous journey back to desk ... but that means 2 lots of washing up ....
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 21:04   #21
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365

Quote:
Spot on. I could heat it up in a proper microwave bowl and transfer to a thermos for the perilous journey back to desk ... but that means 2 lots of washing up ....
the more I think about this, the less I like it - if the paper cup did crumple with hot soup in, it would be messy and potentially scalding hot (hard to predict, microwaves, they are )

- how about fresh soups, sold already in a plastic container?
Old 03-12-2005, 21:21   #22
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
the more I think about this, the less I like it - if the paper cup did crumple with hot soup in, it would be messy and potentially scalding hot (hard to predict, microwaves, they are )

- how about fresh soups, sold already in a plastic container?
Good idea.

Also why not use a plastic bowl with a lid and dont transfer it to an ordinary bowl. You can even get glass bowls with plastic lids if it is the plastic taste that worries you.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 23:39   #23
Jonboy
Inactive

Services: XL Package With Souper Dooper Pooper Hub(sometimes)
Jonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about themJonboy has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to Jonboy

i rest my case
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 00:32   #24
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Good idea.

Also why not use a plastic bowl with a lid and dont transfer it to an ordinary bowl. You can even get glass bowls with plastic lids if it is the plastic taste that worries you.
I was thinking along those lines... Just get a tupperware bowl with lid. Open the tin in the morning (or at your desk), transfer the contents to the bowl, heat that and eat from the tupperware bowl...