Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | European Football on Virgin Media.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Current Retention Offers

Old 25-04-2013, 21:49   #1
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future
Current Retention Offers

Evening fellow CF people,

I did post this in the billing section but got no responses so thought I would ask in this active section. Just want some advice in relation to renegotiating my deal. Perfectly happy with VM albeit their upload Cap is

Your package
Bundle Charges Total
Talk Weekends TV Size: X L 1 Additional V Box TiVo Monthly Fee Broadband XXL (Up To 100mb) Premiere Collection
Bundle Charges Total total£60.50
Promotional offer(s)
£5 Off For 12 Month Campaign On Your Collection Pack Which Will End On 27-SEP-13
Promotional offer(s)CR £5.00
Phone line rental
Line Rental
12 Month Line Rental Saver - Payment Made In Advance For Line Rental Until 02-JAN-14
Phone line rental total£0.00
Your package total£55.50

My services if you can not make the above out are... (Pretty sure its the Premier package with 100Meg but a reduction of the 2nd TiVo fee)

XL TV with 2 TiVo boxes
100Mbps
M Phone

My contract is up on the 1st June 2013 so I am just trying to review if I can negotiate a better deal with VM? I don't mind signing a further contract as I have paid line rental till Jan 2014 anyhow so if I did leave I would ultimately lose that. I'm happy with the VM service I receive just want to make sure I am paying the average for a loyal customer.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2013, 22:32   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Current Retention Offers

The best thing to do is look at SKY and BT, make notes on what their monthly cost is for what you want, call retentions and speak calmly and politely. Stress you are happy with them, but because money is getting tight you have been looking at ways to save money. BT or SKY can do pretty much the same as Virgin provide, but because you are happy with Virgin, what could they do to cut your bill down.

I did this for a relative a few months ago and she had £25 a month reduced from her bill, admittedly most of that was because she dumped movies from her package.

In short, research your other options, be polite and stay calm.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 00:11   #3
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

There are 14,000 half price codes available right now via Money Saving Expert:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...content=94#sky

Scroll to the very bottom, put in your e-mail address and post code, and a 50% off code will be generated.

"If you're new to Sky (or left over 12 months ago) we've blagged 50% off codes for all TV packages for a year, including movies and sport – full package details below. You'll also get a free £25 M&S voucher. There's a 12-month contract - when this ends you'll pay full price. Please note the additional fee for HD isn’t halved, unless you take the Sky Entertainment Extra+ deal."

I left Virgin in December to join SKY on a 50% deal. I'm saving about £45 per month, compared to what I was paying to Virgin. You have to sign up before the 2nd May however you can push the installation date back until June, to coincide with when your Virgin contract expires.

More price info here:

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/money...affiliate=true

Certainly worth thinking about.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 09:49   #4
Firmsky
cf.addict

Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Thanks Mark, some solid advice.

Chad, I'd happily go to Sky for TV but Mrs Firmsky won't leave VM, to be honest I do remember when we were with Sky being at home on a Sat evening and not being able to turn the channel over as the box was recording two channels which was frustrating! But it certainly gives me something to use as bargaining with VM so thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 15:57   #5
Firmsky
cf.addict

Ended up getting my package taken down to £51 per month which I am more than happy with (Have paid Line rental saver) but even so £61 per month for

XL Tv with 2 TiVo boxes
100Mbps
M phone

Is in my opinion a great price, well done VM you've kept me for another 12 months.

Big thumbs up to the Retentions chappie Shaun H who was honest/helpful and a credit to VM.
Old 05-05-2013, 16:25   #6
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Pleased you got a good deal. Proves if you are polite to them they are more likely to help in keeping their customers, albeit on discounted deals.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 09:22   #7
andybuk99
Inactive

andybuk99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently on a mates rates deal (I know i am lucky) which I started back in 2009. The deal is a V+ and standard box (terrible quality) won the vip package and 20mb internet and phone line. I currently pay £75 for this but we don't watch any of the movies and very little sport, it just seems to be getting more and more expensive for old kit and slow internet compared to new customer offers. Last year when I tried negotiating they said I would lose the mates rates discount, does anyone know if this still applies?
andybuk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 14:41   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

you can move from the old mates rates to the new one or just remove sports and movies to save £32
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 16:56   #9
DC_FC79
Inactive

Services: virgin media XL tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 30mb internet, sky sports collection plus extra V+ b
DC_FC79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i tried to get a better deal last month purely for the fact itscosting alot, dont think I tried hard enough though.
DC_FC79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 17:36   #10
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

We have:

VIP: TV XL, Sports, Movies, 100mb BB, Unlimited Phone, TiVo, V+HD multiroom box = £114.5

We were offered to go down to the lowest BB and have it at £92.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote