Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 15:11   #1486
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Meanwhile.. back on the subject of "coming soon"

Blaze is currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests are taking place on 6 internal networks used to test new services. Indications are that Blaze was added at some point during May 30th. (Transport Stream 7 - SID 702.)

Zee Punjabi is on the move again - this time from Transport Stream 15 (SID 1519) to Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015).

Eagle eyed readers may possibly remember that Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015) was previously used for Fox News Channel "tests". All traces of Fox News Channel have now been removed. Sorry Vince, it just wasn't meant to be.
Could be preparations to add &pictures and/or Zee Tamil??

https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-netw...-new-channels/

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr k View Post
that's a shame, i certainly remember the weather channel on cable, it must have been the nineties.
I sense a gap in the market. All i need is some seaweed, a pair of binoculars, barometer, ob camera and a satellite dish to upload my channel.... If i could get the local wine merchant to sponsor it would be the perfect channel, for me anyway
😂😂😂
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2017, 07:26   #1487
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Could be preparations to add &pictures and/or Zee Tamil??
More like they are playing musical chairs. They wouldn't need to do this sort of thing to add the extra channels, and there is no guarantee that VM will actually be adding Zee's new channels in the near future. If they had been moving all of the Zee channels onto one transport stream, I could see the logic behind your suggestion, but they seem to be spreading them around.

It's probably just internal housekeeping to balance the load across the transport streams.

At some point, they will have to make room for the BBC's Summer Red Button streams, assuming that the BBC repeat the trend seen in recent years.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:37   #1488
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quick reminder the Champions League final tonight is available in 4K (UHD) on BT Sports Youtube channel customers with the V6 box can watch it on tv via either the Youtube app or following the link in the discovery bar
Old 03-06-2017, 11:11   #1489
Lozenge
Inactive

Lozenge is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
At some point, they will have to make room for the BBC's Summer Red Button streams, assuming that the BBC repeat the trend seen in recent years.
They will as Red Button 2-6 and HD are now testing off the EPG on satellite (currently showing the BBC Red Button red screens and music).

See: http://www.a516digital.com/2017/05/b...anded-red.html for more info.

Last edited by Lozenge; 03-06-2017 at 11:16.
Old 03-06-2017, 17:50   #1490
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge View Post
They will as Red Button 2-6 and HD are now testing off the EPG on satellite (currently showing the BBC Red Button red screens and music).
Indeed, I was already aware of the satellite tests. The BBC don't appear to have made any announcements about the service yet, which they had done in previous years. So there isn't a clear indication of which other platforms will carry the extra streams. As the BBC is moving away from broadcast Red Button streams in favour of "Connected Red Button" IPTV streams, it will be interesting to see how this develops. (Which was my point about assuming the BBC repeats the trend seen in recent years.)

Old 04-06-2017, 14:00   #1491
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Sadly my mum internet didn't work for two days and suddenly came back on last night thank goodness
Old 05-06-2017, 18:08   #1492
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Meanwhile.. back on the subject of "coming soon"

Blaze is currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests are taking place on 6 internal networks used to test new services. Indications are that Blaze was added at some point during May 30th. (Transport Stream 7 - SID 702.)

Zee Punjabi is on the move again - this time from Transport Stream 15 (SID 1519) to Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015).

Eagle eyed readers may possibly remember that Transport Stream 20 (SID 2015) was previously used for Fox News Channel "tests". All traces of Fox News Channel have now been removed. Sorry Vince, it just wasn't meant to be.
Quote:
Further news:

Islam Channel Urdu (Transport Stream 9 - SID 904) and
Islam Channel English (Transport Stream 19 - SID 1907)
are currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests for are taking place on 4 internal networks for each service. Indications are that these services were added on May 26th.

Possibly not the channels most people on this thread were waiting for but it is what it is...
Thanks for info.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Sky Cinema Tom Cruise to close on June 19th.

Media Boy Blog has found that Sky Cinema will close Sky Cinema Tom Cruise on June 19th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-06-2017, 18:48   #1493
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

GOLD HD apparantly launching in near future on SKY,BT and VM.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:48   #1494
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It's took them long enough but most content will need to be upscaled
Old 06-06-2017, 06:57   #1495
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Mr K when he hears that will need to sit down again as the grumpy git won't be able to cope with all this good news.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:33   #1496
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Further news:

Islam Channel Urdu (Transport Stream 9 - SID 904) and
Islam Channel English (Transport Stream 19 - SID 1907)
are currently operating off the EPG on Virgin Media with video / audio streams present across the national network. NIT tables indicate that active tests for are taking place on 4 internal networks for each service. Indications are that these services were added on May 26th.

Possibly not the channels most people on this thread were waiting for but it is what it is...
Islam Channel UK & Islam Urdu started today on channels 838 and 839 respectively.
Old 06-06-2017, 13:45   #1497
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh dear that is not going to please one of our grumpiest members on here.
I still yearn for fox news. Its an ongoing saga for the last few years for me. I want COMEDY. fox news would give me this. I have no idea why it tested and then didnt launch.

In other news i re-read the thread from when BT Sport launched with no warning. So much joy! Makes me feel happy we have this forum. All the same people still here!
Old 06-06-2017, 20:22   #1498
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Fox news won't be available from 5am on Thursday anyway Vince until the polling stations close.

In the past they have fallen foul of OFCOM rules which forbid certain activities that may influence how constituents vote; I guess they simply can't trust themselves and are playing it safe
Old 07-06-2017, 15:00   #1499
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Fox news won't be available from 5am on Thursday anyway Vince until the polling stations close.

In the past they have fallen foul of OFCOM rules which forbid certain activities that may influence how constituents vote; I guess they simply can't trust themselves and are playing it safe
ha! classic murdoch!
Old 07-06-2017, 18:59   #1500
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Mr K when he hears that will need to sit down again as the grumpy git won't be able to cope with all this good news.
Now then Den, don't be naughty
Can't see the point of Gold in HD personally. Very few of the programmes they show (if any?) were made in HD. I like my 70/80's sitcoms in PAL 625 lines, they wouldn't look right any other way.
Closed Thread