Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Contact Impossible

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Contact Impossible

Old 08-09-2011, 09:04   #16
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Contact Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I wonder if BT or VM would take offence if we got out the generator and TIG Just that I recently had issues with idiot vandals
I doubt BT or VM would mind, but their parents might.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2011, 08:35   #17
rg012a3866
Inactive

rg012a3866 is on a distinguished roadrg012a3866 is on a distinguished road

Can I borrow the TIG? Still open
rg012a3866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 11:58   #18
rg012a3866
Inactive

I really can't believe these doors are still open. They seem to be a little damaged and can't really push them to anymore. I'm surprised the cables are not damaged.
Old 13-09-2011, 13:47   #19
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

All you need is for some disillusioned youth to come along and set fire to the thing, then when VM have to start paying compensation perhaps then they'll start also paying attention.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 13:59   #20
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
All you need is for some disillusioned youth to come along and set fire to the thing, then when VM have to start paying compensation perhaps then they'll start also paying attention.
Unlikely... the division that deals with the access network have no link to consumer services so would be unaware of the financial effect.

Having said that, there is a program underway to repair damaged cabinet locks/doors and replace with better options, understandably this takes time though.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 15:11   #21
rg012a3866
Inactive

I'm not really surprised at how poor their maintenance is, because when I moved here five years ago the cable from the path to my home was damaged. They put a temporary bridge in, and its still there today.
They have been good to me though, because I run a host server, and although I have a dynamic IP, it remains static for up to 18 months at a time. My site is for my own freeware which attempts to serve for the Red Cross charity. It supports all my domains my mail server plus DNS, so perhaps that will lend a clue as to why I am so concerned about the doors.
I re-used the link that "thenry" gave me again today. Here's hoping :-)
Old 13-09-2011, 18:39   #22
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Unlikely... the division that deals with the access network have no link to consumer services so would be unaware of the financial effect.

Having said that, there is a program underway to repair damaged cabinet locks/doors and replace with better options, understandably this takes time though.
Are you saying VM have no managers? That would explain a lot.
Old 14-09-2011, 07:21   #23
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Are you saying VM have no managers? That would explain a lot.
What has that got to do with what I said?

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 08:56   #24
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
It's a manager's job to ensure information gets shared and departments don't work in complete ignorance of each other's issues. Or in other words, they are the link.

The only reason for there to be no link would be if there's no managers or they're incompetant.
Old 19-09-2011, 08:55   #25
rg012a3866
Inactive

Reported three times now, and I even fixed one of the doors and put some tape across to keep them closed.
Today they are still open ... Given up
Old 19-09-2011, 09:08   #26
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg012a3866 View Post
I'm not really surprised at how poor their maintenance is, because when I moved here five years ago the cable from the path to my home was damaged. They put a temporary bridge in, and its still there today.
They have been good to me though, because I run a host server, and although I have a dynamic IP, it remains static for up to 18 months at a time. My site is for my own freeware which attempts to serve for the Red Cross charity. It supports all my domains my mail server plus DNS, so perhaps that will lend a clue as to why I am so concerned about the doors.
I re-used the link that "thenry" gave me again today. Here's hoping :-)
A splice pack is permanent not temp
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 09:31   #27
rg012a3866
Inactive

I don't recall a splice pack being mentioned, but the guy definitely told me it was temporary as it runs across the garden slabs. He told me they would have to take them up and bury the cable, but that was five years ago. I wish the doors could have a splice pack
Old 10-10-2011, 09:52   #28
rg012a3866
Inactive

It's now the 10th of October 2011, and the doors are still wide open. I really can't believe after two notifications they still do nothing. The worse thing is it makes the Grove look more unsightly than it already is. I'm trying to get an exchange from here, and I really believe that people visiting take the sight of the doors hanging open as possible vandalism.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56   #29
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Go to poundland, grab a cheap double pack of epoxy resin (a hell of a lot cheaper than araldite) then glue them shut..

An engineer with a screwdriver will soon prise them open but any passing youth will give them a tug and leave it alone.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08   #30
rg012a3866
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Go to poundland, grab a cheap double pack of epoxy resin (a hell of a lot cheaper than araldite) then glue them shut..

An engineer with a screwdriver will soon prise them open but any passing youth will give them a tug and leave it alone.
Ha-ha, I'm very tempted Anyway after I wrote that, I tried contacting them again and finally got through to someone who stated they will be sorted in 48 hours. I'll let you know if it happens. Otherwise the Araldite becomes a reality