Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 60mb big problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

60mb big problem

Old 03-05-2012, 00:34   #16
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: 60mb big problem

download speed of 36 is great on the 30 package.... lol
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 02:27   #17
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
download speed of 36 is great on the 30 package.... lol
Ping is high though.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48   #18
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

dont speedtest to check if you upgraded instead check the modem config.

also whatever you do dont give tech support remote access to pc as has been said tcp optimiser can make things worse especially on vista and win7.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 14:20   #19
fuzhoudragon
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt Bundle
fuzhoudragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4this View Post
ok i been told my VM Tech in uk that my area has not been upgraded i have to wait till July
same situation with me. superhub installed yesterday,for xl bb, lucky if i,m getting 20 meg.phoned up and was told they are currently working on lines in my
area in relation to speed doubling.was advised that until this work is finished i would continue to have issues with speed, scheduled to be completed by 23rd may. pointed out to vm tech that this was not an increase due to speed doubling but an upgrade to xl bb and that the tech who installed superhub said i should be getting 60 meg,but this did not make any difference to the reply i was given.
fuzhoudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 15:51   #20
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I assume the big red block was the outage whilst the 6 downstream upgrade was being implemented. I wasn't using the PC then.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 03-05-2012, 16:00   #21
GavChap
Inactive

Services: Virgin 60M BB, M+ TV, L Phone
GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
I assume the big red block was the outage whilst the 6 downstream upgrade was being implemented. I wasn't using the PC then.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Wow that's a pretty graph!

This is my 60Mb.
GavChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 16:05   #22
jempalmer

I wonder how you send pretty pictures to VM? Would it be worth doing so, even if I knew how? Would they be able to shed any light on why I have these pretty pictures? So many questions, so few answers.... Maybe I'll just give up
Old 03-05-2012, 16:12   #23
GavChap
Inactive

Services: Virgin 60M BB, M+ TV, L Phone
GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough

You've probably got some heavy users nearby, that's why your graph is pretty. Phone up VM and ask them if your area is congested, then get them to rub some vicks on it.
GavChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 16:14   #24
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Crawleys being upgraded at the moment, hold out for a bit. We should see improvements soon.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 16:16   #25
jempalmer

Steady !!!! Tbh I'm starting to get a little depressed with this whole issue. The techs came and added an FPA to get Shub power levels down. Still no different

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Cheers thenry, fingers crossed and all that.
Old 03-05-2012, 16:31   #26
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Hour long outages for upgrades in the middle of the working day, without informing customers?

Way to go VM if that's true!
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 16:39   #27
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

various other areas have had the same treatment qas. doubt they've got the time to be sending out letters and pinning down actual times/dates.
Old 03-05-2012, 17:04   #28
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
various other areas have had the same treatment qas. doubt they've got the time to be sending out letters and pinning down actual times/dates.
By the looks of it, I dont even think they know themselves
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 17:32   #29
jempalmer

My internet is having severe issues right now. It took 3 attempts to get speedtest to connect, connection reset. Then I get this:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1930030278.png
Old 03-05-2012, 17:36   #30
thenry
Inactive

you've got capacity issues meaning the network can't handle the current load its under.