Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sunday Times Rich List suggests UK's wealthiest defy recession

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Is this the end for freedom on the internet????

Old 29-04-2012, 21:04   #1
GrizzlyRizzo
Inactive

GrizzlyRizzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this the end for freedom on the internet????

I'm trying to get this information accross to as many people as i can, please read the articles and or watch the interviews, post your comments, and talk to your MP about this, before its to late, i for one don't want to be extradited to the US for just having a point of view.

http://rt.com/usa/news/cispa-bill-sopa-internet-175/

http://rt.com/news/house-cispa-vote-thursday-083/

http://rt.com/usa/news/cispa-imaginary-bill-samuel-181/

http://rt.com/news/microsoft-cispa-cyber-security-232/
GrizzlyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2012, 21:07   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Is this the end for freedom on the internet????

Moved from articles.
Old 29-04-2012, 22:31   #3
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

In the paper earlier this year someone was reported by Microsoft because he had been downloading from a kiddie pron site, so I would imagine that Google are passing activity on as well, all in the name of protecting us from terrorist attacks no doubt. Personally the only terrorists I fear are the ones in No.10, the British government has a long and well documented history of committing atrocities whilst flying a false flag.
General Sir Frank Edward Kitson wrote a book about his time in Kenya, later he was involved with Northern Ireland initiatives.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:37   #4
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach
Personally the only terrorists I fear are the ones in No.10, the British government has a long and well documented history of committing atrocities whilst flying a false flag.
General Sir Frank Edward Kitson wrote a book about his time in Kenya, later he was involved with Northern Ireland initiatives.
Topic?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:40   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Whilst in principle I am against these sort of Bills, how could you be extradited to the US for just having a point of view?

Also, in the 'spirit of free speech', shouldn't people post if they think if it is a good or a bad idea?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 00:06   #6
Fawkes
Inactive

Services: VM: 120M Broadband, TV + Landline
Fawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond reputeFawkes has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the look of CISPA but there is not much my MP can do about a US law (I know there are similar laws planned here).
The problem is most of the popular services (Google, Facebook ect.) fall under US jurisdiction.
I doubt any government would be interested in the contents of my emails after all I'm not interested in most of them but that doesn't mean they should have the right to look.
Old 30-04-2012, 00:23   #7
GrizzlyRizzo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Whilst in principle I am against these sort of Bills, how could you be extradited to the US for just having a point of view?

Also, in the 'spirit of free speech', shouldn't people post if they think if it is a good or a bad idea?
lol, yeah your so right, and i did mind type that but it just didn't make it to my fingers. so by all means please say why its a good idea.

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Quote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810312
"Holidaymakers have been warned to watch their words after two friends were refused entry to the US on security grounds after a tweet.

Before his trip, Leigh Van Bryan wrote that he was going to "destroy America".

He insisted he was referring to simply having a good time - but was sent home."

To point i'm trying make is that the bill is so loosly worded, to the effect that ANYTHING they feel is a threat to american interests can be acted on, when have america not felt threatened? take the stand your ground law for example.
Old 30-04-2012, 00:31   #8
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes they should. and I'll go first and say I think it's a bad idea.

I also think we should grow a pair and put a stop to this mass world take over that seems to becoming the norm lately.

we just sit here reading it and say oh well. and they know we just sit there and go oh well. which is why they do it all the more.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 00:33   #9
GrizzlyRizzo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
I don't like the look of CISPA but there is not much my MP can do about a US law (I know there are similar laws planned here).
The problem is most of the popular services (Google, Facebook ect.) fall under US jurisdiction.
I doubt any government would be interested in the contents of my emails after all I'm not interested in most of them but that doesn't mean they should have the right to look.
Your right we can't do anything about american laws in america, but we can voice our concerns to our goverment about copying them, and also handing over people without question.

Just to be clear, i'm in no way anti america, far from it. It's more like a concert for a relitive hurting their self and others through paranoid actions.

After all isn't a terrorists intention, to instill fear to greater their effect.
Old 30-04-2012, 00:33   #10
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

You really don't want to make daft comments within earshot of American Immigration officials. They have to rank amongst the most humourless human beings ever born. A friend of mine is a commercial pilot who flies to the U.S. regularly and he got into trouble with them. He had just landed his flight and was almost refused entry. The guy told him that he had the authority to turn him back. My friend's reply was that he had the authority to fly the aircraft back to the UK with all the crew and passengers. Didn't go well!
Old 30-04-2012, 00:39   #11
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyRizzo View Post
Just to be clear, i'm in no way anti america, far from it.
Some people think that all Americans are psychopaths. as well as obese. but really they're just mad, fat people that think they rule the world because the rest of the world gives them the impression that they actually do.
Old 30-04-2012, 00:55   #12
GrizzlyRizzo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Some people think that all Americans are psychopaths. as well as obese. but really they're just mad, fat people that think they rule the world because the rest of the world gives them the impression that they actually do.
lol, lets not forget, it wasn't long ago that the british empire had its way with the world, and when i travel i still see brits who think that a british passport gives them the right to rule.

I think this little song says it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5sUfV1Mi7w
Old 30-04-2012, 01:10   #13
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyRizzo View Post
lol, lets not forget, it wasn't long ago that the british empire had its way with the world, and when i travel i still see brits who think that a british passport gives them the right to rule.
Well looks are deceiving because us British are soft, gullible and spineless
Old 30-04-2012, 01:21   #14
GrizzlyRizzo
Inactive

Fast foreward to the future, these laws have been passed, underground networks have sprung up, file sharing is being done via unmanned drones, wireless drop boxs and other such devices, all as a result of supply and demand.

Is passing these laws simply going to up the technology, would they just be better off letting us think we are not being watched, and only acting on real crimes. As has been seen with wireless access point in homes, some people just don't care or know about security and there'll always be people who will take advantage of this, so do we just have to accept that bad things happen? Thats life after all, isn't it?

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Quote:
Thats the spirit old boy.
Old 30-04-2012, 07:56   #15
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You might be, I am certainly not

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote