Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Best Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Best Router

Old 16-04-2012, 20:54   #16
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough
Re: Best Router

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
I am using the E4200 v2 it is working great

This is on wireless
That is excellent for wireless, What did you get with the Superhub? I rarly get above 50 on 2.4ghz and 75 on 5ghz. Annoyingly I have mostly 2.4ghz devices so I need to stick with that :-(
gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2012, 21:05   #17
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

when i had the Superhub on wireless i got 57mb at the most
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 21:19   #18
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

This is me with the TP-Link WR1043nd through wireless.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 08:59   #19
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

The speed test on my signature below was done through wireless using a Buffalo Airstation NFINITI WL-N 300MBPS with the superhub in modem mode on a 60 meg connection. Not so bad for a £25 router
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:33   #20
cnewton2k
Inactive

Services: 100 Meg + Phone
cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to cnewton2k

Cheer everyone for your input, in the end i went to the apple store in Sheffield and got an Aiport Extreme.

I like apple product i have a iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad and 2 iPhone so it made sense to go with apple as there products just work!

cnewton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:37   #21
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

there still mid range spec and far overpriced
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 20:19   #22
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm don't understand why people keep buying apple stuff when you just pay over the top to have an apple symbol on the kit as inside you can get the same for cheaper...Enjoy your airport sure it will at least be better than the superhub.
Old 17-04-2012, 22:24   #23
cnewton2k
Inactive

Services: 100 Meg + Phone
cnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of lightcnewton2k is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to cnewton2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Hmm don't understand why people keep buying apple stuff when you just pay over the top to have an apple symbol on the kit as inside you can get the same for cheaper...Enjoy your airport sure it will at least be better than the superhub.
Better because the wireless work, better because it wont have to be reset 1 maybe twice a day yes, and better because it has an apple logo!

I like there products, the design, the software and the fact that everything just works!
cnewton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 22:40   #24
Jumping
Inactive

Yeah they usually package their kit in a beautiful styled case..just that inside it is similar/same components just more expensive, but as far as just works so does my TP-Link and im sure some one will say that about Linksys.

As I said im sure it will work fine for you and you will be very happy with your kit. Enjoy your more stable environment and better performing router!
Old 17-04-2012, 22:48   #25
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

This is what we are getting ever since we got that new router/modem which is supposed to be giving us 60Mbs

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1900153868.png
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 23:05   #26
Jumping
Inactive

I always find Aberdeen to be bad server to use as speedtest site I find preston or manchester to be much better.
Old 19-04-2012, 19:43   #27
Gadgie
Inactive

Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice

Could you tell me how to change over to another server, as I have never managed to do that?
Old 19-04-2012, 21:06   #28
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

click on the dots on the map, not the big button at the top
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 23:28   #29
Gadgie
Inactive

Thanks for that, got it, and tried it out, it was the same as the Aberdeen one
Old 20-04-2012, 23:31   #30
Jumping
Inactive

Really? I find there is always quite a big difference between sites. Also doing speed test on the same site often gives different results because of load on site etc.