Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky BB fibre product

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

Sky BB fibre product

Old 07-02-2012, 12:16   #61
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Sky BB fibre product

Lol, fellow Edinburgher. Lol.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2012, 00:28   #62
zaax
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia Phone, 20M Cable modem, SKY+ digital
zaax has a spectacular aura about themzaax has a spectacular aura about themzaax has a spectacular aura about themzaax has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via AIM to zaax
Sky fibre

With VM unable to or unwilling to use the FTTC system that BT Openreach are putting into streets. I have opted for Sky Broadband with the hope that come the 1st April I will be able to move up to Sky Fibre and that they will provide a better service that what BT retail seem to provide.
zaax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 18:40   #63
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
At Last, Fast Sky Boradband!
What makes you think it will be any better than BT or Virgin?

BT will purposely undercut the service for Sky/Easynet, just so that BT will remain more cost effective and faster for marketing purposes.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:10   #64
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

He didn't say it would be - he simply said "At Last, Fast Sky Boradband! (sic)".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 20:42   #65
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky fibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaax View Post
With VM unable to or unwilling to use the FTTC system that BT Openreach are putting into streets.
It's neither as far as I'm aware. But with anything, it has to work commercially.

But Virgin are looking at it http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...p/489677#M8114

Quote:
I don't know where the confusion has arisen over this but I've checked with our National Broadband team and we are not currently offering FTTC with National Broadband. We are looking into this however and as soon as we have news on this we'll post an announcement
Old 14-02-2012, 16:53   #66
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sky fibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's neither as far as I'm aware. But with anything, it has to work commercially.

But Virgin are looking at it http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...p/489677#M8114
The money spent leasing BT's equipment and network may well be better spent expanding the existing cable network to streets missed out and new builds and in non-cabled areas like Aberdeen, perhaps the Fujitsu project could help with that.

As for Milton Keynes, the existing Cable network needs a lot of work and the way BT has set it up is very clever to the point where Ofcom is finding it hard to intervene as it is part of BT Global services, a business which is deemed as commercial and non-pre dominant like Openreach. I don't understand why NTL took over the Milton Keynes and Westminster areas in the first place
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 11:40   #67
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post

BT will purposely undercut the service for Sky/Easynet, just so that BT will remain more cost effective and faster for marketing purposes.
Virgin still has the best Broadband in the UK!

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Quote:
The money spent leasing BT's equipment and network may well be better spent expanding the existing cable network to streets missed out and new builds and in non-cabled areas like Aberdeen, perhaps the Fujitsu project could help with that.

As for Milton Keynes, the existing Cable network needs a lot of work and the way BT has set it up is very clever to the point where Ofcom is finding it hard to intervene as it is part of BT Global services, a business which is deemed as commercial and non-pre dominant like Openreach. I don't understand why NTL took over the Milton Keynes and Westminster areas in the first place
Could they upgrade and reativate the Cable Networks in the Isle of Dogs, Barbican and Aberdeen?

Could they also puchase the BT Cable Networks in Milton Keynes and Wesmister?

Would you also mind explain to me in more detail about the Fujitsu project (I know is a IPTV serivce, but not much elise)?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 11:57   #68
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Virgin still has the best Broadband in the UK!
Virgin has the worst Broadband in the UK!
Old 17-02-2012, 12:05   #69
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Virgin has the worst Broadband in the UK!
This isn't about your personal grudge against VM. So leave the childish comments out of it.

All you do is join any thread that says anything good about VM, to start slagging them off.

I have had problems with VM in the past, just as many people have had problems with the bigger companies. However VM are the best of a bad bunch (at the moment).
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 12:12   #70
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
This isn't about your personal grudge against VM. So leave the childish comments out of it.

All you do is join any thread that says anything good about VM, to start slagging them off.

I have had problems with VM in the past, just as many people have had problems with the bigger companies. However VM are the best of a bad bunch (at the moment).
They also have the fastest broadband, also VM is not as bad as NTL was!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 12:52   #71
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Thanks for picking on me. I was only trying to point out the idiocy of his statement to begin with, by making one just as easily unfounded and unqualified.

That said, if you'd bothered to read my other posts you'll see how OFCOM's supposedly impartial figures for the goverment show VM do have the worst jitter latency and packet loss in the UK. Quoting impartial national figures is not a personal grudge, and I challenge you to produce any evidence that it is. Otherwise, shut your ignorant mouth and stop with your personal grudge against me.
Old 17-02-2012, 13:38   #72
zaax
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia Phone, 20M Cable modem, SKY+ digital
zaax has a spectacular aura about themzaax has a spectacular aura about themzaax has a spectacular aura about themzaax has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via AIM to zaax

Quote:

Do forget BT retail is different to BT Openreach. BT retail staff are mostly in India; whilst most of Sky's staff are in scotland; and BT Openreach staff are in holes in the ground or up-a-pole.
BT openreach should not be giving BT retail any preference over anyother telecoms co.
zaax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 14:02   #73
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaax View Post
BT Openreach staff are in holes in the ground or up-a-pole.
BT openreach should not be giving BT retail any preference over anyother telecoms co.
Hahaha. Apparently for my install yesterday there were five Openreach staff sitting at a cab twiddling their thumbs for a couple of hours waiting for a phone line that'll never be used to get wired up at the exchange.

Still, I commend their efforts though, good bunch of staff they were.
Old 17-02-2012, 21:07   #74
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
They also have the fastest broadband, also VM is not as bad as NTL was!
That's open for debate. NTL's customers service was terrible, but at least they didn't have overseas call centres. So now if you get a UK call centre, then you get a better service than NTL, but if you get an overseas call centre then you get worse.

Some people may get signal problems occasionally, as I did. But once I had reported it, an engineer came out, and within a couple of weeks the whole area had a far better service.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Thanks for picking on me. I was only trying to point out the idiocy of his statement to begin with, by making one just as easily unfounded and unqualified.

That said, if you'd bothered to read my other posts you'll see how OFCOM's supposedly impartial figures for the goverment show VM do have the worst jitter latency and packet loss in the UK. Quoting impartial national figures is not a personal grudge, and I challenge you to produce any evidence that it is. Otherwise, shut your ignorant mouth and stop with your personal grudge against me.
I think you need to lower your tone a bit, and stop being abusive
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 21:37   #75
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think you need to lower your tone a bit, and stop being abusive
I think you should start by looking at yourself first and stop being an ignorant hypocrite. All you do is join any thread where I state the truth then slag me off and start crying as soon as I return the favour.