Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cheap international calls?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

please help!

Old 23-10-2010, 14:58   #1
foster1
Inactive

foster1 is an unknown quantity at this point
please help!

Hi.
I need help wiring my virgin landline. i have a bt line coming in the house thats runs under the floor to two points. one is in the hall and the other is in the living room beside my virgin cables (one for the tv and one for the telephone). the bt cables and the virgin cable are all exposed so i have two of each colour. i'm not with bt anymore my tv broadband and telephone are with virgin. my question is how do i wire this up to get the virgin line working.
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
foster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2010, 15:28   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean that you wish to add an extension socket?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 16:05   #3
foster1
Inactive

i have no dialing tone on either bt socket and where the virgin wires come into the house i have no box just wires. do i need to use both bt and virgin wires or one or the other
Old 23-10-2010, 16:18   #4
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

you should have a Virgin master socket which looks just like BT master socket. Are you saying you havent got one for the virgin phone line?

If so it sounds as if you need to contact Virgin.

Just a thought, was it a self install?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2010, 16:50   #5
foster1
Inactive

i think the virgin masterbox is under the floor. is there a way of fitting a masterbox myself or do i have to get virgin to do it?
Old 23-10-2010, 17:01   #6
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster1 View Post
i think the virgin masterbox is under the floor. is there a way of fitting a masterbox myself or do i have to get virgin to do it?
I will assume that the the Virgin master soclet is under the floor and the the cable you describe comes from it. this cable should have 4 wires coming from each a different colour. You will need to connect a telephone socket to it. (find one at homebase for example) the instructions with the socket will tell you how to connect the wires.
Old 23-10-2010, 18:19   #7
foster1
Inactive

Re: please help!

i have one set of wires that come from under the floor that i think are either the bt wires or wires from the virgin masterbox under the floor. the other set of wires come in through the external wall with the coax for the tv so i'm assuming these are the virgin telephone wires. i have a normal extention box that i'm trying to use, are you saying i need a master box? will i connect the masterbox to the wires coming through the wall or the wires coming up from the floor.
Old 23-10-2010, 19:06   #8
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

I think the only thing to do is to phone Virgin as it is not at all clear to me on the layout.
Old 28-10-2010, 11:45   #9
teddy91
Inactive

teddy91 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would call virgin out. they should have done this first time round??
teddy91 is offline   Reply With Quote