Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo Hidden features that suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Old 29-02-2012, 21:01   #1
ase001
Inactive

Services: V6 * 2,NetFlix, Prime, NowTV *1, FireStick *1, 3500Mb BB. MediaPortal, Plex (1 * Freesat and 3 * Fr
ase001 will become famous soon enoughase001 will become famous soon enoughase001 will become famous soon enough
Tivo Hidden features that suck!

If a channel is removed from the EPG, the programmes previously recorded from that channel will not play. When you try to play the recording, a message pops saying you can’t watch this program since the channel no longer exists or words to that effect! Wonderful pile of ..........
ase001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-02-2012, 21:02   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!!!

That was well tested!!
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 21:22   #3
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

The interesting issue I had the other day was I could not watch any of my TiVo recordings because I assume they could not be verified! It seemed to be down to the right hand side of the 2 green lights not being on, rebooted problem solved
Old 29-02-2012, 21:38   #4
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase001 View Post
If a channel is removed from the EPG, the programmes previously recorded from that channel will not play. When you try to play the recording, a message pops saying you can’t watch this program since the channel no longer exists or words to that effect! Wonderful pile of ..........

this has nothing to do with Tivo, this has to do with there iptv system virgin now has in place all it does is verifies that you are subscribed to the channel if yes will play recording if not you get the messgage your not subscribe to that channel it was skys requirement doing for this requrement cause you could order the movie channels record alot of movies and then cancel after 30 days and still watch them not anymore
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 21:38   #5
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Heh, so if they have a major channel re-org like they are due it will be entertaining.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 22:43   #6
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Excluding Sky, I think you can still play the recordings by pressing OK rather than Play or the other way around. This came up some while ago when there were widespread network issues - it was before the latest firmware updates, so not sure if this will still work.
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:03   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's the same on V+HD for Sky channels that you no longer have in your subscription/or removed. On Sky it's ALL channels that are affected.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Heh, so if they have a major channel re-org like they are due it will be entertaining.
Channels have unique identifiers, so EPG shuffles have no affect on recording or series links.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20   #8
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Is this another chance for me to ask why can I not change the recording options presets anymore? The last big update took the option away. Bit of a joke really.

Also why can you only start a recording from the start or last viewed? Why can't I start a recording an hour in like you can do on Sky, or even on the old V+ (unless it was still recording which was also a bit silly) I'm getting fed up of fast forwarding to the kick off each time I record a football match, I just want to go straight there!!!!

Ooh, it's these little things that just really tick me off!
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30   #9
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

When fast forwarding, the ->| button will skip to the next green vertical line on the progress bar (normally every 15 minutes), which will at least get you to kick off a bit quicker.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 21:37   #10
ase001
Inactive

Services: V6 * 2,NetFlix, Prime, NowTV *1, FireStick *1, 3500Mb BB. MediaPortal, Plex (1 * Freesat and 3 * Fr
ase001 will become famous soon enoughase001 will become famous soon enoughase001 will become famous soon enough

Do you know that when your internet goes down (probably someone will), you can't watch recorded programs. How ridicules is that, if I released software as poor as this my company would get sued!!

The more I get to know the Tivo the more I think the software was developed by a bunch of Monkeys in a Zoo?
Old 06-03-2012, 21:54   #11
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Do you know that when your internet goes down (probably someone will), you can't watch recorded programs. How ridicules is that, if I released software as poor as this my company would get sued!!

The more I get to know the Tivo the more I think the software was developed by a bunch of Monkeys in a Zoo?
This isn't true.

(The not being able to view shows when the network is down bit-I've no idea who wrote the software).
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 22:10   #12
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

It appears that this isn't just the Tivo. I was told by Sky that when my contract ended (when I changed to the Tivo) that I would no longer be able to view anything that I had recorded on the Sky box.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 23:40   #13
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Is this another chance for me to ask why can I not change the recording options presets anymore?
Anymore?

Quote:
The last big update took the option away.
Again, huh? The last big update added default padding (-1/+4) to the already-available preset options. So I don't know what you mean.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14   #14
ase001
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
This isn't true.

(The not being able to view shows when the network is down bit-I've no idea who wrote the software).

This is true, the internet was down yesterday (ST4/ST5 post codes) and the Tivo box said it couldn't play any recorded material because it had no internet access!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47   #15
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

It can play recordings when the network's down. You just have to press play rather than OK.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote