Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Old 12-10-2009, 01:13   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You can put a quad LNB on any dish, then feed either 4 standard units off it or two PVR units
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2009, 01:03   #17
lost
Inactive

lost is an unknown quantity at this point

ok may have jumped in before i've looked in to this properly i've got the 40 quid box and dish from b&q and i've set it up with a finder and its pointing exactly were next doors dish is there side by side am getting a reading of 78 % and quality off 60 % this is best i can get it ive selected astra 2 group and i have lots off channels but no dave t.v virgin 1 etc as i do with a free view box, i dont get why this is oh and clubland t.v has no sound, what am i doing wrong?
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 01:06   #18
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You won't get Dave on satellite - it's not broadcast as a free channel via satellite as it has exclusive carriage with Sky.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 01:18   #19
lost
Inactive

lost is an unknown quantity at this point

gutted there go's me top gear! she's going be made up lol anything i can do to get this channel with this set up???
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 01:25   #20
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Nothing at all, except to hope and pray the BBC, via Freesat, eventually persuade UKTV to put more of its channels in the clear on satellite, particularly those channels it broadcasts for free on Freeview. Whether UKTV does this will simply depend on whether they think they can make more revenue from advertising to a few extra punters on free satellite, or by sticking with their Sky exclusivity and encryption deal.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 13:33   #21
c.massey
Inactive

c.massey is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know if it is possible to connect this dish to a freeview recorder?
c.massey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 14:20   #22
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Freesat recorder YES freeview recorder NO - The frequencies are totally different..

But if instead of DISH you meant SAT Reciever and instead of freeview recorder you mean AV recorder then yes..
Old 04-01-2010, 18:21   #23
xxdonnaxx
Inactive

xxdonnaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just bought a ross satelite and am having trouble with it, i cant set the time, any help? it also doesnt show me what im watching. could someone please halp me. thanks
xxdonnaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 19:03   #24
Kymmy
Inactive

Time on the sat is normally set two ways, either manually via the setup menu or auto via the sat. Just remember that if you point it to a foreign channel then the time will reflect that channel
Old 16-01-2010, 12:18   #25
TAD
Inactive

TAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobadine View Post
This is just a warning to anyone who buys a B&Q Satellite system.

The paperwork states that you need to find the Astra 2D satallite channel to access the BBC/ITV Freeview channels. Astra 2D gives you hundreds of European channels but not the UK freeview channels.

These channels can however be acessed using the Astra E channel.
Hi everybody. We have read all these comments and we have tried everything, we bougth a compass, searched Astra website where we found exact position of satelite and still we have on screen "no programe found". Do you think that it`s the cable or whole set is at fault. We are just south of Cirencester, Gloucestershire
P.S. We would like to pick up Czech channels if it`s possible with this system
Thanks Tad & Petra
TAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 13:18   #26
Kymmy
Inactive

Welcome to the forum,

Have you bought a sat finder meter?? They are about the ONLY sure way of pointing the dish to the strongest signal source. (less than a tenner from ebay)

BUT there is a great website that allows you to pinpoint your exact location on a map and then select your sat. It'll then give you your Elevation, Azimuth (true), Azimuth (magn.) and LNB Skew
Old 20-01-2010, 14:41   #27
dannytwp
Inactive

dannytwp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobadine View Post
This is just a warning to anyone who buys a B&Q Satellite system.

The paperwork states that you need to find the Astra 2D satallite channel to access the BBC/ITV Freeview channels. Astra 2D gives you hundreds of European channels but not the UK freeview channels.

These channels can however be acessed using the Astra E channel.
Hi I,m new on this forum.Can you or anybody else help me I,ve bought this system from b+q my dish is an old sky dish tuned in using a sat finder.I have lots of foreign channels but not one in english, picture and sound quality is good.There is no astra E only astra E1 and this is foreign as well any help would be appreciated.
dannytwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 18:48   #28
Kymmy
Inactive

You sure that you tuned into Astra28.2 ?? I think you might have hit Astra23.5 (which astra 1E is part of), you need to go slightly more east.
Old 21-01-2010, 10:17   #29
NeroAerials
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV & broadband Hotbird Freesat Freeview
NeroAerials is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
You can put a quad LNB on any dish, then feed either 4 standard units off it or two PVR units
Not strictly true as the dishes that come from B&Q have a completely different arm to that found on your standard Sly dishes, so if people want to start using pvr's or multiroom systems oin their ross dishes, then they may be better advised to get themselves a standard Sly dish which will then take the majority of the quad.octo LNB's on the market.

And please ensure that they are quads / octos that you buy and not quattro lnb's.
NeroAerials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 10:26   #30
Kymmy
Inactive

And a few of the old sky dishes can't take a quad LNB either without an adaptor

Now excuse me whilst I ring up my friend who has a quad LNB on thier B&Q dish feeding a couple of dreamboxes in various rooms to inform her that she'll have to stop using them as the experts have said that her quad LNB won't fit on the dish it's been on for 6 months