Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What music are you listening to?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

What music are you listening to?

Old 15-08-2017, 15:47   #13021
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: What music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
Porcupine Tree - Drown with Me
Feast one's ears - Spock's Beard - Crack the Big Sky

A song with a bit (lot) of Porcupine Tree and everything else
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2017, 16:49   #13022
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Crikey - they even made a Hammond organ sound good! (A pet hate of mine )
Quite a bombardment going on there. And they're coming to a couple of places near me next month...

I was going to link to a bit of punk/folk but it wouldn't be suitable for a family forum (Gogol Bordello - Start wearing Purple.)

So here's some English folk:
Bellowhead - New York Girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0F...0Ff83spQw&t=99

Another disbanded band. They were a lot of fun to see.

Last edited by Caff; 15-08-2017 at 16:55.
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 17:23   #13023
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

For those with more classical tastes:

L'Amore Sei Tu - Katherine Jenkins
The Song to the Moon - Anna Netrebko
plus others

Pure perfection
p
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 13:22   #13024
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Foo Fighters troll audience by bringing out Rick Astley for “Never Gonna Give You Up”: Watch

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...in-japan-watch

That's more mental than the time I saw Faith No More, and Mike Patton started to sing Never Gonna Give You up mid one of their classics (they've often put snippets from pop songs mid song)
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 18:47   #13025
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

The new U2 single "The Blackout"

Insipid, poppy drivel. Nothing's changed with them this side of the millennium then. Looks like a return to past glories is never going to happen.
Old 09-09-2017, 21:14   #13026
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

QotSA with tweaking from Mark Ronson.
I haven't heard a more perfectly constructed piece of music from every aspect (to my ears) for a very long time:

QOTSA:Villains of Circumstance:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsqhJcGbaEI

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post

Insipid, poppy drivel. Nothing's changed with them this side of the millennium then. Looks like a return to past glories is never going to happen.
No linky?
In response, I'd say QotSA should milk their new album and their tour and go out on a high.
Old 09-09-2017, 21:49   #13027
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

QotSA one to me sounds like another case of
album 1 - excellent
album 2 - exclellent
album 3 - we're getting a bit more popular, set lets make an excellent slightly more mainstream rock album, don't get me wrong, I love Songs for the Deaf, but the music was used on the football, F1 etc (Saw them touring that cd, they were excellent live)
album 4 onwards - we're making serious cash now, this formula works, if we can get even more radio friendly, and carry on pushing the "We're mates with Dave Grohl" thing we'll be millionaires soon
this album Mark Ronson? Normally guys like this aspire to work with the likes of Rick Rubin, Steve Albini et al.

On a side note I saw that Josh Homme is going to be reading a story for cbeebies

I was listening to Dead Cross today, excellent hardcore/metal from a bunch of all fogeys (Michael Crain, Justin Pearson, Dave Lombardo, Mike Patton) who should know better
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 22:31   #13028
Caff
I'm a geek???

Question Re: What music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
QotSA one to me sounds like another case of
album 1 - excellent
album 2 - exclellent
album 3 - we're getting a bit more popular, set lets make an excellent slightly more mainstream rock album, don't get me wrong, I love Songs for the Deaf, but the music was used on the football, F1 etc (Saw them touring that cd, they were excellent live)
album 4 onwards - we're making serious cash now, this formula works, if we can get even more radio friendly, and carry on pushing the "We're mates with Dave Grohl" thing we'll be millionaires soon
this album Mark Ronson? Normally guys like this aspire to work with the likes of Rick Rubin, Steve Albini et al.

On a side note I saw that Josh Homme is going to bereading a story for cbeebies

I was listening to Dead Cross today, excellent hardcore/metal from a bunch of all fogeys (Michael Crain, Justin Pearson, Dave Lombardo, Mike Patton) who should know better
Mark Ronson worked on the production of the new QotSA album. He had input:on what level I don't know. But I think I might be parting with some £££ soon
The rest of the album is hmm not quite my style. But I'm off to listen to your previous post.
So Homme reads out a bedtime story
Old 11-09-2017, 12:40   #13029
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
No linky?
In response, I'd say QotSA should milk their new album and their tour and go out on a high.
Well it was just a new song

The Blackout

Then the actual single (a different song) appears a few days later

https://youtu.be/PbGSiJ9iat8

Much better but still a bit too poppy for my liking.

I hate the production, it's saturated with beat detective and autotune. Larry is not hitting his drums like a real drummer so what's going on there? They've been working with Ryan Tedder from that dreadful band One Republic though so none of the fact that this material soulless and sterile comes as any surprise.
Old 15-09-2017, 09:56   #13030
doreen12
Inactive

doreen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep listening jazz during the last two days

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

yeah... and classical music
doreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 03:09   #13031
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:

I quite liked the Joshua Tree album; but it's plain sad when bands just don't know when to give up. I mean that they can't bring anything new. I'm not sure how big their fan base is now. Their relevant 'fighting spirit' has gone. Lazy.

Blackfield - Lullaby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sHVGYRx6Y

Last edited by Caff; 16-09-2017 at 03:23.
Old 16-09-2017, 03:37   #13032
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Foo Fighters troll audience by bringing out Rick Astley for “Never Gonna Give You Up”: Watch

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...in-japan-watch

That's more mental than the time I saw Faith No More, and Mike Patton started to sing Never Gonna Give You up mid one of their classics (they've often put snippets from pop songs mid song)
That's brilliant!

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

Quote:

Simple Minds were a big 80's band but they have been much better than U2 on their recent albums, at least critically if not commercially.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 02:41   #13033
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen12 View Post
I keep listening jazz during the last two days

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

yeah... and classical music
Do you like Moloko and maybe Roisin Murphy? Or maybe the more big band sound or Frank Sinatra type?
I like this linky a lot:

Moloko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYyQ08RgD2E
Old 18-09-2017, 18:58   #13034
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Quote:
I quite liked the Joshua Tree album; but it's plain sad when bands just don't know when to give up. I mean that they can't bring anything new. I'm not sure how big their fan base is now. Their relevant 'fighting spirit' has gone. Lazy.

Blackfield - Lullaby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sHVGYRx6Y
We went to the Croke Park gig a few weeks ago and there were 83,000 people there. At a guess I'd say more popular than ever

Currently playing from this weeks playlist:

My Autumn Empire - Bluecoat
Old 19-09-2017, 00:24   #13035
Caff
I'm a geek???

Quote:
We went to the Croke Park gig a few weeks ago and there were 83,000 people there. At a guess I'd say more popular than ever

Currently playing from this weeks playlist:

My Autumn Empire - Bluecoat
Well that's a crowd and half!
Did they play anything new? Hmm mebbe they actually didn't need to

Wallis Bird - Bring Me Wine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2kP_r34fQw