Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VIP now with Vivid 300

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VIP now with Vivid 300

Old 06-08-2017, 17:27   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: VIP now with Vivid 300

It only lists 300 under my postcode.

As always, I'm not fussed about 300 as opposed to 200.
I want better upload, when are VM going to realise this matters to people now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2017, 17:41   #17
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

The 20mb upload does address that. The issue is spectrum. There is a lot more downstream spectrum than upstream spectrum. When I was a network engineer a couple of years back I was aware of the future plans to increase this. How that's looking currently I'm not too sure. I haven't looked into it too much but I believe Docsis 3.1 helps massively as well
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 18:26   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:

Although the extra 8mbits will be nice, the big thing for me is that it is unmanaged. I have always felt like I have only got half an upstream connection when I have to cap my upload speed in the evenings and weekends. Having 20mbits unmanaged is going to be awesome.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 14:42   #19
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Just got a deal from Retentions to go from 200/12 to 300/20 for less money overall Bad news is I have to switch to Hub 3 with it allegedly dodgy latency .. good decision?
Your TBB graph will look like ****, but real world performance is actually fine.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:40   #20
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Question Re: VIP now with Vivid 300

Quote:

Paul,you are the second person in Nottingham that I've seen that can get Vivid 300. I did a search of my post code and it still came up with Vivid 200. I suppose it depends on which part of Nottingham? On My Virgin Media it says I am area 300 which I believe is the Mapperley end.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:10   #21
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Paul,you are the second person in Nottingham that I've seen that can get Vivid 300. I did a search of my post code and it still came up with Vivid 200. I suppose it depends on which part of Nottingham? On My Virgin Media it says I am area 300 which I believe is the Mapperley end.
I don't even get a number. I put my postcode in and select the address and just says I can get everything. Doesn't seem to indicate any sort of speed at all.
NG13 area
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 13:50   #22
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
I don't even get a number. I put my postcode in and select the address and just says I can get everything. Doesn't seem to indicate any sort of speed at all.
NG13 area
Area code is on your bill or when logged into my virgin media, it's not given during a "Public" availability check.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 15:05   #23
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Area code is on your bill or when logged into my virgin media, it's not given during a "Public" availability check.
I know my Area Code is 30 but I'm trying to find the place everyone else is that tells them if 300 or even 350 is available and I'm finding nothing.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 15:12   #24
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
I know my Area Code is 30 but I'm trying to find the place everyone else is that tells them if 300 or even 350 is available and I'm finding nothing.
It's postcode and possibly address specific. The area codes cover too large an area. You could try other postcodes in your area to see if neighbouring areas can get it.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 15:18   #25
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am area 30 as well dude. I think it is pretty much guaranteed that we can get 300mbits because it lets me go through the ordering process and gets to the point where it says "click here to confirm order". Although 300mbits is going to be the biggest speed jump I have had in years (previous pitiful jumps from 100 to 120, 120 to 150 and 150 to 200) I would very much like 350mbits. Hopefully it will be a pending upgrade even if I do have to have 300mbits for now.
Old 09-08-2017, 16:09   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
You will be on the Mapperly UBRs, I'm on Basford.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 19:08   #27
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

My upgrade happened today and so far so good:

I was told I was getting 300/20 but I seem to have the 350 service? I checked my account and it does say VIVID 350. So maybe VIVID 300 is not an actual tier for some areas?

Even the BQM is not as bad as feared:

Last edited by ianch99; 09-08-2017 at 19:14.
ianch99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 19:12   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

sweet, I am keeping my fingers crossed for next week
Old 10-08-2017, 02:49   #29
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

So much dose 350 cost?
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:01   #30
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Can 350 work on a sh2?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote