Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Business Broadband Static IP

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Business Broadband Static IP

Old 02-08-2017, 12:23   #16
alifen
Inactive

alifen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Business Broadband Static IP

mrdanny - did you hear anything back or see any new firmware get installed?
alifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2017, 19:15   #17
mrdanny
Inactive

mrdanny is an unknown quantity at this point

OK so nothing pushed through yet, but not surprised, they have been continually checking the signal levels in our area, my guess is that it will not get pushed through today but is not far off ( time scales never stick with VM). Will let you know anyway.
mrdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:25   #18
InsaneNutter
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 200mbit / Superhub 3 Modem / pfSense Firewall
InsaneNutter is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wanted to thank people for the replies here, I keep checking back on the thread.

It's a bit of a joke almost 3 years later so many people are still having issues with Static IP's on Virgin's Business Broadband.

I had all the issues with the original Superhub back in October / November 2014, after 6 weeks I just ended up getting rid of the static IP block so we could have a modem that didn't crash every 6 hours.

I don't think it's worth risking it at this point, it seems a lottery as to how your connection will be with a Static IP... based on the experiences people have posted here and on the VM forums anyway.

Last edited by InsaneNutter; 07-08-2017 at 12:34.
InsaneNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 00:36   #19
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

From what I understand the fix isn't new firmware for the Hitron - just that you will be moved to a different GRE tunnel endpoint within the VM network that is running different firmware which is under test.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote