Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 22-08-2017, 10:41   #3226
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

On demand might not be working on newly installed V6 boxes estimated fix time 4pm today
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2017, 11:31   #3227
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Has anything happened in terms of pricing for the V6 yet? i.e is it still an horrendous installation price? Does it charge more per month than my old TiVO?

Is it worth scamming an email to a CEO?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 11:35   #3228
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As long as your have Mix TV and 100Mbps or higher, it's now a £20 one off fee to upgrade a TiVo box to a Virgin TV V6 box.
Old 22-08-2017, 14:10   #3229
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Has anyone else noticed the improvements with the on demand over the past few months? not that it could have got much worse mind
Could you name them please.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 15:11   #3230
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Cinema View Post
Could you name them please.
Well you only had to look at how many programmes were missing or the fact it wouldn't load at all (apps included) it has become a lot more stable in the past 4 to 6 weeks for me anyway
Old 24-08-2017, 14:32   #3231
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As long as your have Mix TV and 100Mbps or higher, it's now a £20 one off fee to upgrade a TiVo box to a Virgin TV V6 box.

Ah interesting. Is there still too much demand or do they have enough stock?

I have the old XL package which i have no clue what it is now... I get everything basically.

So just a £20 fee and then everything else stays the same monthly in terms of price?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 14:42   #3232
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Whether your monthly cost stays the same is a slightly different thing.

Depending how old your bundle is, you may need to be moved to a current bundle to get the V6 box.

However this has is also true for people moving from a V box only bundles to those with either TiVo or V6.
Old 28-08-2017, 09:10   #3233
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Newly installed V6 boxes continue to be hit with issues

1/2

Customers with a V6 box may see errors including C211 and N11 when box is updating, performing a network connection or attempting to activate following installation or box swap. A reboot of the V6 may resolve the issue.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem. Fix estimate 29 August 21:00

2/2

Customers May Find Newly Installed V6 Boxes have a On demand is not available Message.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem. Fix estimate 29 August 12:00

The 2nd issue has gone on for almost a week now
Old 28-08-2017, 20:01   #3234
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Phoned retentions and got a free V6 to replace my current TiVo. No change to monthly price.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 09:04   #3235
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

So if I wanted to replace our Tivo (downstairs) and VHD box (upstairs) I take it it would be a one off £40 then with no change to the monthly fee?
Old 29-08-2017, 09:51   #3236
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
So if I wanted to replace our Tivo (downstairs) and VHD box (upstairs) I take it it would be a one off £40 then with no change to the monthly fee?
I believe so yes you should have the upgrade option through my virgin media, my offers and upgrades

I fit shows an extra monthly charge phone retentions
Old 29-08-2017, 10:47   #3237
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

There would be a monthly TiVo charge to replace the VHD box wouldn't there?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 11:07   #3238
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Very strange,Ive just been onto the box swap page and it says the system doesnt recognise my details https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-swap-v6/index
Old 29-08-2017, 12:09   #3239
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Very strange,Ive just been onto the box swap page and it says the system doesnt recognise my details https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-swap-v6/index
You'll have to phone up either CS or retentions the choice is yours
Old 29-08-2017, 13:41   #3240
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I'll ring CS or web chat. Retentions would be pointless as I'm still under contract

Thanks Gavin-D