Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2017, 22:04   #2341
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The BT website did suggest last week the fight would be on BT Sport. I'm unable to find reference to the fight on their website anymore.
We hope to get more info by Monday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 24-08-2017, 22:05   #2342
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Cool
Old 24-08-2017, 22:10   #2343
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Be a bit late then won't it? Isn't the fight (i use the term fight very loosely) on this Sunday?
Old 24-08-2017, 22:20   #2344
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Be a bit late then won't it? Isn't the fight (i use the term fight very loosely) on this Sunday?
The BoxNation PPV Channel do not start until September 16th.

Quote:
If it is what I think it is it'll have to launch before 16th September
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 24-08-2017, 22:27   #2345
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'd say it's more of a money grabbing farce. I believe it's a work. Can't prove it but I'm certain both are in on the decision. Floyd wins with a bit of controversy to take his record in boxing to 50-0 and retires from the sport. Then rematches McGregor in the Octagon where Connor goes over. Both men end up about $700 million richer and protect their records in their own respective sports.
Old 24-08-2017, 22:28   #2346
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'd say it's more of a money grabbing farce. I believe it's a work. Can't prove it but I'm certain both are in on the decision. Floyd wins with a bit of controversy to take his record in boxing to 50-0 and retires from the sport. Then rematches McGregor in the Octagon where Connor goes over. Both men end up about $700 million richer and protect their records in their own respective sports.
I agree with you i also think it's a work, easy pay off.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Quote:
The BoxNation PPV Channel do not start until September 16th.
I got mixed up doh at me, the fight Sunday is on SKY Box office not Boxnation.
Old 25-08-2017, 22:03   #2347
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Community Channel to rebrand as "TCC"

Here at Media Boy HQ we update our Freeview HD Box every week (if we got time) and it look like The Community Channel is set for an rebrand.

Our Freeview HD box says Community Channel is only broadcasting from 4am - 6am and has been rebrand as "TCC".
If this is a rebrand, they might fall fall foul of whoever owns The Children's Channel these days. TCC was their branding at the end of its life!

Edit: Well, according to Wikipedia, TCC was owned by Flextech who were owned by VM, who in turn sold it to Sky. Challenge, (Sky) Living were amongst the assets sold.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 25-08-2017 at 22:14.
Old 25-08-2017, 22:47   #2348
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Breaking news coming in tonight to Media Boy HQ from Media Boy Sources say the new PPV Slate is something to do with one of our DNP orders.
As it's showing an advert for Saturday's boxing one can only hope "Virgin start ad hoc streams in the background for pay per view events" isn't the most interesting thing you have up your sleeve.
Old 26-08-2017, 00:53   #2349
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
As it's showing an advert for Saturday's boxing one can only hope "Virgin start ad hoc streams in the background for pay per view events" isn't the most interesting thing you have up your sleeve.
That advert is on the "Live Events" slate (SID 714) which is the gateway to PPV Events for legacy boxes (channel zero). The PPV Slate (SID 4408) is encrypted so could say anything, or nothing.

Note: Digitalbitrate.com is showing the BBC Red Button logo on a video capture but it is an old capture from when SID 4408 was used for the pop-up BBC Red Button 2 channel.

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If this is a rebrand, they might fall fall foul of whoever owns The Children's Channel these days. TCC was their branding at the end of its life!

Edit: Well, according to Wikipedia, TCC was owned by Flextech who were owned by VM, who in turn sold it to Sky. Challenge, (Sky) Living were amongst the assets sold.
AFAIK it is a holding channel for Community Channel to EPG squat on their existing LCN / EPG slot until they decide to return to Freeview. It is showing Community Channel programmes between 4 and 6am but apparently not the same content that Community Channel is showing during those hours.

Old 26-08-2017, 01:49   #2350
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
That advert is on the "Live Events" slate (SID 714) which is the gateway to PPV Events for legacy boxes (channel zero). The PPV Slate (SID 4408) is encrypted so could say anything, or nothing.

Note: Digitalbitrate.com is showing the BBC Red Button logo on a video capture but it is an old capture from when SID 4408 was used for the pop-up BBC Red Button 2 channel.

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

AFAIK it is a holding channel for Community Channel to EPG squat on their existing LCN / EPG slot until they decide to return to Freeview. It is showing Community Channel programmes between 4 and 6am but apparently not the same content that Community Channel is showing during those hours.
I think they use donated unused capacity, so that's why they have to move about a lot. Odd that they don't just simulcast the satellite/cable feed to retain their EPG slot on Freeview until more capacity becomes available.
Old 26-08-2017, 03:06   #2351
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think they use donated unused capacity, so that's why they have to move about a lot. Odd that they don't just simulcast the satellite/cable feed to retain their EPG slot on Freeview until more capacity becomes available.
They did use donated capacity. I really don't know what has changed, it's not like there is heavy demand for COM8. With recent departures from the temporary muxes, including the Viacom 18 channels, there should be lots of spare capacity to "donate".

Community Channel has recently departed from it's original "community" remit, showing commercially produced content previously shown on other channels. Perhaps the commercial channels are complaining that CC has gifted carriage but is showing commercially produced content.

Although I was previously told that the Freeview channel is showing different content to the main channel, I have compared the Freeview EPG guide with the official CC listings and they look pretty similar to me. So I'm not quite sure where that suggestion came from, unless someone is aware of plans to schedule different content in the coming weeks.

The timing of this, the lack of notice and the Freeview re-branding is quite odd.

Old 26-08-2017, 03:58   #2352
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

At last, some new dramas for Sky 1!

Not very edgy, though, and certainly not for me.

Thank God for Netflix.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20170825...#axzz4qp2v9OTj
Old 26-08-2017, 08:30   #2353
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
The PPV Slate (SID 4408) is encrypted so could say anything, or nothing.
In other words you don't know therefore nobody else can?
Old 26-08-2017, 11:29   #2354
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman sources are happy to CONFIRM that PPV Slate is showing the screen you find on your TIVO when you press home and pick one of the fight options at the top of the screen.

It resembles the Live Events slate however also states the HD price of £20.95, which isn't on the Live Events one for legacy boxes.

Don't tell anyone else though.
Old 26-08-2017, 13:02   #2355
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
At last, some new dramas for Sky 1!

Not very edgy, though, and certainly not for me.

Thank God for Netflix.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20170825...#axzz4qp2v9OTj
I quite enjoy Lucky man tbh, i'll give bulletproof a go too.

Heads up too you can watch tonights fight on the UFC channel app fightpass for a bargain $99.99 (about £75) lol and people accuse SKY of ripping people off.

Last edited by theone2k10; 26-08-2017 at 13:06.
Closed Thread