Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

Old 13-04-2012, 15:20   #61
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
edit - mind you the ex DID find it very hard to find a church that would marry her because SHE was the one who committed adultery and wanted to marry him.
Was it around a 'religious holiday' like Easter or Xmas time?

it could be the case that the rules were relaxed if nothing much was going on at the time.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2012, 15:22   #62
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Was it around a 'religious holiday' like Easter or Xmas time?

it could be the case that the rules were relaxed if nothing much was going on at the time.
I see you are not prepared for a serious debate so I won't reply to you any more on this subject you may return to your normal trolling.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 15:28   #63
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I see you are not prepared for a serious debate so I won't reply to you any more on this subject you may return to your normal trolling.
Do what I've been doing - ignore the trolling and only respond to those with a genuine interest.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 15:38   #64
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Part of the problem I've been having in my confirmation classes is with different ways of interpreting the same thing.

For example as I'm restricted in the written word I use an app on my iPad for my bible which has twenty nine English translations in it. Although the message / story / teaching are (mostly) the same the way it's told can vary enormously.

What people make of their own 'version' doesn't have to represent what others do.

I don't have a problem with people being gay but I do have a problem with having to explain myself with regards to it.

What people think is entirely up to them.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 15:40   #65
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

I don't have a problem with people being gay but I do have a problem with having to explain myself with regards to it.
Absolutely. As soon as people find out about my faith the first question is usually (or connected to) "So what do you think about gays/gay marriage?". It's like I'm their trained monkey and expected to perform for them.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-04-2012, 15:44   #66
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Absolutely. As soon as people find out about my faith the first question is usually (or connected to) "So what do you think about gays/gay marriage?". It's like I'm their trained monkey and expected to perform for them.
Perhaps they're genuinely interested as the opinions of religious people on the matter seem to vary considerably, as evidenced in this thread?
Old 13-04-2012, 15:44   #67
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
The bible teaches that if a couple are joined before God, the only way either can remarry is if the spouse dies.
That's how i understood it ,but isn't the departure from that even by a few a dilution of Christianity ,the same as allowing some gays to have a religious service to bless their union and when does it become a departure from Christianity .
I ask all these questions simply because that is what non christians ask who maybe interested in taking up Christianity as a belief ,and if the Christian church as whole is interested in bringing more people into it's fold so to speak they must be prepared to give those answers .
Old 13-04-2012, 15:49   #68
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Perhaps they're genuinely interested as the opinions of religious people on the matter seem to vary considerably, as evidenced in this thread?
There are lots of other things that have varying opinions, such as Young Earth, Creationism/Evolution, Divinity of Christ, Religion in Society/Schools etc but I've never been asked about them straight away.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I ask all these questions simply because that is what non christians ask who maybe interested in taking up Christianity as a belief ,and if the Christian church as whole is interested in bringing more people into it's fold so to speak they must be prepared to give those answers .
For these people I would recommend the Alpha Course.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-04-2012, 15:51   #69
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
There are lots of other things that have varying opinions, such as Young Earth, Creationism/Evolution, Divinity of Christ, Religion in Society/Schools etc but I've never been asked about them straight away.
Perhaps because they aren't as topical and potentially divisive as Gays/Gay marriage?
Old 13-04-2012, 15:52   #70
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Have you not been keeping up with threads lately on CF?

It's simply in my eyes - they just want me to say something controversial and I can see their disappointment when they don't get it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-04-2012, 16:14   #71
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It was a serious question. unless you have specific questions wanted in relation as to why it may be that the church allowed your ex to marry. then I can only guess.
Old 13-04-2012, 16:15   #72
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Have you not been keeping up with threads lately on CF?

It's simply in my eyes - they just want me to say something controversial and I can see their disappointment when they don't get it.
Maybe you should say something controversial and have a bit of fun at their expense

Possibly "God loves gay people the same as he loves all people because he created them"
Old 13-04-2012, 16:18   #73
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Possibly "God loves gay people the same as he loves all people because he created them"
Ah, but does he though?

he may have created them but their thoughts are their own. that's what it's all about. choices and gateways in life that one is expected to follow and not drift from.
Old 13-04-2012, 16:19   #74
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Maybe you should say something controversial and have a bit of fun at their expense
Perhaps this is just a 'me' thing but I don't generally have fun anyone's expense when it comes to their beliefs.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 13-04-2012, 16:25   #75
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

What I don't understand is why be part of a faith that is divisive?There must be faiths that will accept you for what you are.
Anyway surely the agreement isn't between you and the church.It's between you and God..and what he/she/it tells you is for you and him/she/it.