Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The General Cricket Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Floyd Mayweather tables £12.2m offer for McGregor to face him in a boxing ring.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:20   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Floyd Mayweather tables £12.2m offer for McGregor to face him in a boxing ring.

Absolutely massive headway made into a ridiculous super fight.

This literally could be the clash of Titans, The former face of boxing vs the new face of MMA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/38591420

McGregor responded by posting a cartoon picture of himself holding all three WW titles around his waist, stood over a fallen figure.

Mayweather favorite to win on points but he really should be careful what he wishes for. McGregor is incredibly quick, accurate and powerful. Mayweather wants a boxing match. McGregor will want a war. Starting to get the impression Mayweather is jealous, not of the meager amount McGregor makes compared to him but that Conor has become to MMA what he was to boxing and even further in Conor's case.

This would be the biggest boxing PPV of all time, it will shatter records.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 12-01-2017 at 02:36.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2017, 07:23   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Floyd Mayweather tables £12.2m offer for McGregor to face him in a boxing ring.

Utterly pathetic full stop.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:48   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Floyd Mayweather tables £12.2m offer for McGregor to face him in a boxing ring.

Maybe he should actually bother to box those that offer something different to the style he's legendary at. When will he take on Khan or Bradley? The two quickest and most accurate punchers in the division? Is it because he can't knock either of them out thus they pose an actual threat to the 0 beside the 49? Kell Brook has proven his chin isn't being wobbled at 147. With that easy deduction I see him taking out Garcia with ease but would be far too much like Maidana when it comes to fighting Floyd.

The way I see this though is McGregor has nothing to lose, Mayweather has it all to lose. Mayweather needs a 12 round sweep otherwise he still comes off looking bad. Get cracked and wobbled once and he'll never live it down. It may be as lopsided as it sounds but nothing is impossible and Conor McGregor is the real deal. This guy put the steel chinned Nate Diaz at WW on the floor four times, noting McGregor is a natural lightweight and that Diaz beefed up right after the weigh in. He just obliterated the number 1 ranked fighter in the division above him. He knocked out a 10 year champion within 14 seconds with his first punch of the fight.

Mayweather would be in for a whole new style of punching. Noting that McGregor would be impossible to train for and anticipate.

Then there's the wild card. That it's Conor McGregor, he'd happily get himself DQ'd just to take Floyd off his feet and batter him.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 12-01-2017 at 12:52.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 13:09   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Dana White responds by offering a $50 million purse after Mayweather backs out of his original statement.

Typical Floyd, riling people up much like Pacman for years on end for a fight he has no desire to take. Khan, Pacman, Bradley now McGregor? Scared that anything other than a knockout would make him look daft. Dodged manny till he was way past it. Ducking Khan and Bradley till they get slower and start missing shots? Maidana gave him far too much of a fight for his liking too.
Old 29-01-2017, 23:27   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

One step closer as Floyd says the fight will likely be going ahead, Date expected Nov 2017- March 2018

Many are speculating whether it will be the first billion dollar fight in history.
Old 14-02-2017, 15:33   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Connor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather agree terms. Let the promotion begin. Fight date to be confirmed in following weeks.
Old 14-02-2017, 17:55   #7
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Once upon a time I could give a toss about boxing. Sadly now it's just like Premiership football - more about the money than anything else. Whilst that may be understandable to an extent (short careers etc.), I won't be adding my few £££'s to the swollen bank accounts of those involved in PPV and just feel so lucky that I got to see some great fights which were more about pride than cash.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 18:27   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Once upon a time I could give a toss about boxing. Sadly now it's just like Premiership football - more about the money than anything else. Whilst that may be understandable to an extent (short careers etc.), I won't be adding my few £££'s to the swollen bank accounts of those involved in PPV and just feel so lucky that I got to see some great fights which were more about pride than cash.
I tend to stick to stuff I know I'll get something worth watching from. David Haye is a guaranteed smash fest, but my favourite at the minute is Golovkin, just superb to watch, steel chinned brute, good old fashioned last man standing slug fest.

When Khan isn't pampering his face, he's exciting to watch, win or lose.

The guy in question though, Mayweather, whilst consistently putting on boxing clinics I just can't forgive him for avoiding the top of the pile until they were past it. Manny being the highest but the way he ducked Amir Khan and Tim Bradley before bowing it.
Old 14-02-2017, 22:19   #9
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
but my favourite at the minute is Golovkin, just superb to watch, steel chinned brute, good old fashioned last man standing slug fest.
I disagree. Never heard of the guy but I just watched a 18 minute vid of his knockouts. He's a technician. Clinical and efficient. Very nice But yes, superb to watch
Old 18-03-2017, 18:20   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

McGregor vs Mayweather penned in for June, McGregor training camp has been underway for a while (MMA Background now developing boxing skills) Mayweather is expected to begin shortly.

Absolutely crazy this. This will be bigger than Lewis vs Tyson. Not the boxers involved but the hype, money, PPV, fans. The entire event will be absolutely historical from the offset. Circus show, maybe, but boxing has needed an event like this for some time.
Old 18-03-2017, 18:29   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Old 01-05-2017, 22:27   #12
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

So hang on, is this a boxing match or MMA rules?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 00:03   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Boxing rules which naturally unfavorably the latter. They should let McGregor use MMA gloves though, he's incredibly accurate, powerful and quick. Anyone that has the idea this will actually be a boxing match is insane. Mayweather will box, McGregor will go in there looking to take his head off. Wouldn't shock me to see McGregor drop Floyd with a head kick and just walk off.
Old 02-05-2017, 13:28   #14
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Mayweather will box, McGregor will go in there looking to take his head off. Wouldn't shock me to see McGregor drop Floyd with a head kick and just walk off.
Well yes. TBH if the gloves aren't off so to speak, the fight is pointless except as a money-spinner. MMA rules and it'd be a real fight worth seeing.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 13:46   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Money and madness go hand in hand...