Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | My current bundle.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

My current bundle.

Old 27-04-2012, 14:57   #1
horrorwood
cf.member

horrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about them
My current bundle.

Hi,

We currently have this

We have a standard samsung box for the TV which we'd like to have some form of HD box to be honest.

We also seem to spend around £10 to £15 on phone calls, mainly landlines!

I don't think we'd miss having the M TV package instead of the L package. Am I right in saying we'd be better off with "Essential collection" ?

Also how much extra would it cost to add "unlimited landline calls" onto this?

Oh and if we go for the essential, will we have 30mb and then be upgraded to 60mb when they double the speeds? or will it just be 30mb still?

Cheers,
horrorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2012, 12:36   #2
horrorwood
cf.member

horrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about themhorrorwood has a spectacular aura about them
Re: My current bundle.

Ok so I rang up last night and asked to be swapped over to the Essential collection.

The guy told me it would be £50 installation and then cost an extra £5 a month for the Tivo box?!

I can't find anywhere online that mentions that in the new collections, am I wrong?
Old 28-04-2012, 14:33   #3
TbGbe
Inactive

Services: Phone M, 10Mb, TV XL (V+)
TbGbe is on a distinguished roadTbGbe is on a distinguished road

Collection includes TiVo, so shouldn't have monthly fee on top.
Phone XL used to be 8.00 pm extra - BEFORE collections introduced, not sure now.
TbGbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:56   #4
horrorwood
cf.member

Ok thanks guys.

I have just managed to change over to the essential collection, the guy still worded it as though it was £25 + £13.90 line rental and then an extra £5 for tivo... got there in the end though.

I forgot to ask when it will change over? I still have 10mb broadband and more TV channels than I should have. Anybody have any idea?

Cheers,
Old 08-05-2012, 21:32   #5
TbGbe
Inactive

When the installation is done.
Old 10-05-2012, 15:20   #6
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Time to do away with price haggerling over the dog and bone and have a clear charging policy me thinks.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 15:28   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Time to do away with price haggerling over the dog and bone and have a clear charging policy me thinks.
To be honest that what the Collections are supposed to be. Everyone should pay the same price for the same Collection (excluding any introductory offers)
Old 10-05-2012, 15:45   #8
TbGbe
Inactive

Ben, I am sure you know that the problem is that existing customers are paying the same amount of money (or more) as being charged for a collection; but receiving "less" services - and are then asked to pay when asking to be put on the collection. Using BB and the SuperHub as an example, I/we view installation/activation as a fee for being able to get the 30Mb for a collection (or when considering adding TiVo to existing TV package).
Old 10-05-2012, 16:51   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You only pay fees if you need appropriate kit. So if for instance you were on L 10 with a SuperHub and also had TiVo, then wouldn't pay any fees to move onto the Essential collection because you already have the kit needed

However if you need a TiVo, or an extra box installed then install fees would apply - same as they technically do for new customers (again excluding any offers for install)
Old 10-05-2012, 17:36   #10
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Some times when you phone. You get different explanations.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 17:51   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Some times when you phone. You get different explanations.
Sometimes you are better off phoning retentions nash.
Old 10-05-2012, 18:51   #12
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

How do you get through to them. I just usually dial 150
Old 10-05-2012, 18:53   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
How do you get through to them. I just usually dial 150
When you phone them up on 150 there should be a option on there of l am thinking of leaving and when it comes up press the automated option that says that nash.
Old 10-05-2012, 19:20   #14
nashville
nashville

Thanks Den
Old 10-05-2012, 22:10   #15
TbGbe
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You only pay fees if you need appropriate kit. So if for instance you were on L 10 with a SuperHub
<snip>
However if you need a box installed then install fees would apply - same as they technically do for new customers (again excluding any offers for install)
To expand on this.
Currently on BB 20Mb - "doubling for free" to 60Mb : are you saying customers have to pay for SuperHub? According to Virgin forums this "doubling" can't be refused!

Note: If not, then why do we have to pay for SuperHub when going 10Mb to 30Mb