Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to transfer from laptop to android tablet?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi Dongle

Old 10-09-2013, 19:19   #1
martinsheff
Inactive

martinsheff is an unknown quantity at this point
LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi Dongle

just wanting a bit of help here, basically i want to connect my tv via wi-fi, the tv has an ethernet socket,but i dont want to wires running through house, so will LG ANWF100 USB WIFI DONGLE work on LG 32LD490 TV.
http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-32LD490-lcd-tv
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-AN-WF100-...uctDescription
some sites are saying it will work with lg tvs from 2010 to present,others are stating model numbers,which mine isnt stated (slightly confused)
if the wi-fi dongle will work are they reliable with connectivity?
thanks.
martinsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2013, 21:30   #2
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi Dongle

Would recommend getting a set of homeplugs, can plug TV in but not have all the cables.
Old 10-09-2013, 23:07   #3
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

According to this review on Amazon by a LG 32LD490 owner, it does work.

Was looking at these dongles for my own LG tv but hardwired it in the end. Unless your wireless router is through a few walls, I would expect the dongle is fine for most streaming with the LG apps.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 23:17   #4
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-32LD490-W.../dp/B0043M669A
In comments, answer is No.

So it's either homeplugs to carry the connection via mains wiring, or a router/accesspoint that can be used in reverse as a bridge

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Pro-V...ds=wifi+bridge
Iffy review, but damn cheap for something that can be anything from a 1 port wired + wifi router, to a repeater, to a client bridge.

There are some that that have an Ethernet and USB (they power from the USB) - the more common VAP11G is G mode, but there is a VAP11N...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-V...d=497903963596

The device is set up on a PC USB, then transferred to where the wifi to Ethernet is needed, and the USB plugged in to any source of USB power - the device it's attached to, or a USB charger
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:22   #5
martinsheff
Inactive

thanks for all the comments above^^^. theres quite a few options there for me to choose from.thanks again.
Old 14-09-2013, 20:20   #6
martinsheff
Inactive

ended up getting these,worked first time.http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...roductID=11884

got on to netcast and there is about 10 apps installed,but no NETFLIX is it not available on my tv?????
Old 15-09-2013, 22:40   #7
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Have you done a firmware/software update now you have it networked? Netflix shows on mine but it's a different model but I do remember it appearing/disapearing with a few of the firmware upgrades before.

Settings>Support> Software Update, or something like that.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 18:37   #8
martinsheff
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Have you done a firmware/software update now you have it networked? Netflix shows on mine but it's a different model but I do remember it appearing/disapearing with a few of the firmware upgrades before.

Settings>Support> Software Update, or something like that.
thanks for reply, ive done the software update and it says its up to date! maybe it just isnt on the model ive got.