Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ugly exterior cable installation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New installation

Old 01-02-2012, 20:39   #1
Mozartonacid
Inactive

Mozartonacid is an unknown quantity at this point
New installation

Hello all, I have just moved into a new house,having been with Virgin for several years now I want to keep my services as I have been a happy chappy with them, I booked the new installation for the 1st of Feb and cancelled the service at my old address after they had sent out a spotter to make sure I could be connected ( yes they said no problem the connection point is by your neighbours house we just have to bring it through their garden,fine said the neighbours we would like a phone and BB with them too anyway),take all your old equipment with you and we will install as agreed.
So as I await eagerly for my services I decide to visit a friend and borrow their computer to check my email where I find a mail from Virgin telling me my install is on hold (no reason given) I phone theit 0845 number this morning on my mobile and am told its to do with digging up the road,as I already told them they cannot dig up the newly laid brick weave road they had as mentioned previously decided to go through neighbours, so young cahp says oh we have your mobile number I will pass it through to relevant person and they will call back later, so obviously no call I have no idea what is going on and cant afford to keep calling 0845 on my mobile, both myself and my young son are disabled and we need the landline for medical emergencies and sudden (frequent) hospital appointments,and the internet for the RG charity we are helping to set up.
Good grief I am being long winded here sorry,anyway my point is who can I contact to find out whats going on that wont cost me a fortune in calls, or shall I give up and just move to sky.
Thanks for any help inadvance.
Mozartonacid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2012, 22:52   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: New installation

Really? 3p a minute is that expensive?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 23:38   #3
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

Read the post correctly she is using a mobile No its not 3p a minute on mobile its more like 15p to 20p
Old 02-02-2012, 10:21   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's 3p + standard rate on any mobile if you'd only bother to look. With some it's even included in standard free minutes.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:04   #5
Mozartonacid
Inactive

thanks for the price comparisons its expensive on my network, now could we stick to the point please which is I need a landline as a matter of urgency for my childs medical problems and with Virgin being their usual non-replying selves I would appreciate other contact options
Old 02-02-2012, 12:50   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

You don't need a landline. Take a few minutes looking around and you'll probably find a better deal on mobile.

If you're unhappy with your landline provider, vote with your wallet and leave.
Old 02-02-2012, 19:17   #7
Mozartonacid
Inactive

Have you read the post qasdfdsaq? I need help getting in touch with my provider not advice on what I need in my home
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Oh you clearly do, you're just not willing to accept anything logical or sensible.
Old 03-02-2012, 19:41   #9
Mozartonacid
Inactive

2700 posts have any of them been useful or do you just like trolling, anyway thanks for your input problem is now solved
Old 03-02-2012, 19:46   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Less bickering and more on topic posts please
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 20:24   #11
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozartonacid View Post
2700 posts have any of them been useful or do you just like trolling, anyway thanks for your input problem is now solved
Glad to hear you're sorted Mozartonacid. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 04-02-2012, 20:28   #12
Mozartonacid
Inactive

I wil joglynne thank you
Old 24-02-2012, 00:39   #13
Mozartonacid
Inactive

Hello again joglynne, well me and my big mouth I spoke too soon, still no services and no idea of when I will have an install, on the plus side construction have pulled the cables for my install and apparently my neighbours (whom I referred) are getting installed this coming Monday (through my garden as the box is at the end of it) however having spoken to a confused woman the other day apparently my urgent (her words) install doesnt use the same cable, I did try to gently point out they were the same two cables required for each house, but apparently she doesnt understand construction and was sorry she could not help. so after hours making calls on my mobile I am still no nearer to being installed than I was a few weeks ago
Old 24-02-2012, 13:17   #14
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

That is a shame. I am sure a more savvy member will be along with some advise.

It seems a tad shortsighted to lay both properties cable at the same time and not do the hardware instals at the same time as well but what the heck, I'm just applying feminine logic and and I guess that's not something VM recognises.