Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to use an external SD card on ZTE Blade III for data storage?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

How to use an external SD card on ZTE Blade III for data storage?

Old 08-08-2013, 12:54   #1
resander
Inactive

Services: BB:100Mb TV:XL+SkySports&ESPN Phone:M
resander is an unknown quantity at this point
How to use an external SD card on ZTE Blade III for data storage?

I have recently bought a ZTE Blade 3, but am new to mobiles and Android OS.

There is not much internal ZTE memory left, so I am thinking about getting an external SD card to be able to store more photos and videos (taken by the ZTE camera) and some music too on the ZTE.

At the moment the ZTE camera puts photos and videos in internal memory. I have looked at the Settings for ZTE Camera mode, but could not see how to tell the camera to store pictures on an external card. Is this because there is no SD card in the ZTE yet? Will such an option be visible in Camera mode when I insert an external SD card? Otherwise, how will I tell Android inbuilt functions and apps to use the external card?

I am a Windows and Linux desktop user. Programs for these usually put data on a default path or let the user specify a path of folders (e.g. /myprogs/myeditor) where application data is accessed. I have not seen the same on my ZTE, or is it done in a different way on Android?

Ken
resander is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2013, 16:42   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: How to use an external SD card on ZTE Blade III for data storage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by resander View Post
Is this because there is no SD card in the ZTE yet? Will such an option be visible in Camera mode when I insert an external SD card?
Yes and yes. Some phones even ask you automatically "Do you want to switch to using the SD card?"
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 20:54   #3
resander
Inactive

Have ordered a 16GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSDHC (class 10) card from amazon.

Will report outcome here when putting the card into the ZTE.

Many thanks for your patient and useful advice.

Ken
Old 14-08-2013, 16:27   #4
resander
Inactive

I have put the new SD card into the ZTE and notice that ZTE stores its photos and videos on the SD card. There is no option/setting in ZTE Camera mode to tell the ZTE to store items in internal memory or removeable SD card memory. Does such option exist on the ZTE Blade 3 or is there some other way that I have missed?

Ken
Old 14-08-2013, 18:25   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Not all phones give you an option, some just do it automatically. I can't say about that exact model as I've never seen it myself.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote