Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+HD vs new Tivo?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V+HD vs new Tivo?

Old 09-12-2010, 16:06   #16
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V+HD vs new Tivo?

I had the original TiVo for many years and once you have used the user interface you will not go back to anything else imo. I have also yet to find a better remote (I use Harmony remotes but the 'peanut' is special
Strangerstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2010, 16:25   #17
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstill View Post
I had the original TiVo for many years and once you have used the user interface you will not go back to anything else imo. I have also yet to find a better remote (I use Harmony remotes but the 'peanut' is special
Yeah, I like the feel of the peanut remote.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 09:49   #18
perm
Inactive

perm is an unknown quantity at this point
Will the Tivo box be THX certified ??

Hi,

Has any seen anything on if our Tivo will be THX certified as they have with
TiVo Premiere XL package in the US ?

Thanks

Perm
perm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 10:37   #19
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Will the Tivo box be THX certified ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by perm View Post
Hi,

Thanks

Perm
The Virgin TiVo box is based around the Premiere XL, so I'd of thought so.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 11:58   #20
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The Virgin TiVo box is based around the Premiere XL, so I'd of thought so.
I don't think it will, VM would have to pay the have it THX certified and I don't think it's cheap. Also I think there is a licensing fee attached to the use of the name/logo.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 12:55   #21
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I know, talk about killer app!!

I noticed there is a great page on the TiVo site that compares TiVo to the alternatives and one just happens to be the SA 8300DVB AKA V+.

http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-ve...ion/index.html

I will point out that that is the TiVo Premiere on that page that isn't actually as high specced as the V+Tivo ironically.
The chart in the link says the Tivo can support 1080p. Is VM planning to do any 1080p content?
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 17:43   #22
Strangerstill
Inactive

Services: Vmedia TiVo ex NTL.
Strangerstill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by perm View Post
Hi,

Thanks

Perm

I don't much faith in THX branding, imo they would let you put THX on two tin cans and a piece of string as long you paid them.
Strangerstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 16:22   #23
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Lightbulb Re: V+HD vs new Tivo?

Hmm! With 1080p video, THX sound and the variety of content that will eventually be available via TiVo, I think some people will be converting their garages into drive-in movie theatres!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Felim_Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 00:10   #24
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you testing the tivo boxes or are thay out
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 06:38   #25
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
Are you testing the tivo boxes or are thay out
They are still being tested ahead off the official rollout but you can register your interest below.

https://tivo.virginmedia.com/public/interest
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote