Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+HD vs new Tivo?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Info Message Pops Up, Plus This In Tech Stuff (3010) / # 602

Old 13-10-2010, 18:47   #1
VMboy
Inactive

VMboy is infamous around these partsVMboy is infamous around these parts
Info Message Pops Up, Plus This In Tech Stuff (3010) / # 602

Received an information message this afternoon while watching Sky News, I wasn't even near the TV or doing anything with the remote when it popped up.

Sorry, you can't use this service because you're not authorised.

Please call us free on 150 from a virgin Media phone to upgrade or subscribe. For our other contact numbers see 'Help and Info' on the Virgin TV Home Menu or check the back of your bill.

Press OK to close window Quote 3010 when you call.

On the Technical Stuff is says (3010) / # 602

Any ideas why I would receive this as I am authorised to view that channel, in fact I received the same message while watching ITV1 at the weekend.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Was told to remove the smart card, then re-insert it and reboot the box.

Tech Stuff now says the following........

(8206)
(3005) / # 602
(87) Smart Card Removed
VMboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2010, 19:14   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Info Message Pops Up, Plus This In Tech Stuff (3010) / # 602

and is your TV service working as normal now?...
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 19:22   #3
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
and is your TV service working as normal now?...
Yes it is working, but I will just need to hope that message doesn't pop up again while I am watching a programme.
Old 13-10-2010, 19:28   #4
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

It's a glitch, I've had it before, a reboot usually cures it, nothing to worry about
Old 13-10-2010, 20:02   #5
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
It's a glitch, I've had it before, a reboot usually cures it, nothing to worry about
Yeah thanks, because it had occurred a couple of times on different days I just thought to ask about it, will see how it goes.
Old 13-10-2010, 20:07   #6
Ben B
Inactive

Yeah, if it starts to become persistent then ring up
Old 14-10-2010, 18:36   #7
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

keeps happening to me on 2nd box. an irritant at worst.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 19:30   #8
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
keeps happening to me on 2nd box. an irritant at worst.
I was advised to remove the Smart Card and then after inserting it again reboot the box, if it is still persistent then give VM a call.
Old 09-12-2010, 20:31   #9
veeemmm

Anyone actually had this fixed? I've been putting up with it for many many months now. Have phoned faults several times and each time them insist on sending signals and getting me to reboot the box etc. They then ask me to change channels a few times and then "assure me it is definitely fixed". I keep telling them it only happens every couple of days or so. I go away a lot and record all my tv on the original Tivo so you can imagine the annoyance of getting home to find a weeks worth of an on screen error message and failed channel changes.

As I am home for the next two weeks (and it happened again yesterday) I decided to phone faults again and book a technician call. When I eventually got though the person refused to book a visit and insisted on the usual sending signal and then promised it was quote "definitely fixed". I told him that if he would not book a visit now and it goes wrong again then my next call will finally be to cancel VM at long last and I will stand by that. It is usually not convenient to have a call out at the times they offer, which is why I wanted to get it done the next two weeks. Been with NTL/VM over ten years. This is just the latest in a very very very long stream of on-going faults that never got fixed.

The service really has been truly dreadful and I am shocked that they insisted on simply sending another useless (based on the number of times they done it) signal and not send an engineer to fix it. Surely they can see the number of times it has been tried, even if they don't believe me for some reason.

Is this 3010 error not something they can resolve for paying "customers" or do they just not thing it is worth bothering with when it happens every couple of days.

P.S. I am aware of the option to use a timer to reboot the box every night as I have had to do this for most of the last 10 years, for one reason or another but it still results in lots of failed recordings.
Old 09-12-2010, 23:29   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Which model box do you have, veeemmm? Does it happen just after you've changed channels, or some time later? And does it happen on any channels on particular?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 00:02   #11
veeemmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Which model box do you have, veeemmm? Does it happen just after you've changed channels, or some time later? And does it happen on any channels on particular?
Thanks for asking. It is the Samsung 2110C. Not noticed if it's the same channels. Don't know if you know Tivo - the original UK stand-alone box. It always keeps itself full by recording some program or other if it thinks you might like it. I therefore have a recording of when the message last occurred. At 11am Yesterday Tivo changed to channel 148 (CBSRELT). The message occurred just over 11 minutes later. There was nobody in the house all morning. I therefore lost all scheduled recordings for the rest of the day and night, because Tivo cannot change channels or press ok to cancel the message. That is a regular occurrence. Sometimes it can be up to a week before I realise it was been recording nothing.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

A have another recording from channel 112 (Livinit) where the message appears 5 minutes in.
Old 11-12-2010, 18:29   #12
veeemmm

Needless to say it has happened again. Channel 825 this time at 10:59 last night. Nine minutes after a channel change.

Don't worry about it though, I'm going to SKY. Don't know why I have put up with so many problems for so long.
Old 16-12-2010, 15:02   #13
VMboy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
Needless to say it has happened again. Channel 825 this time at 10:59 last night. Nine minutes after a channel change.

Don't worry about it though, I'm going to SKY. Don't know why I have put up with so many problems for so long.
OMG, Sirius and Ignitionnet would have a field day with this.