Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is anyone else finding HDD space a problem after Sky HD?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Remote for old analogue NTL box

Old 12-08-2010, 11:00   #1
colmm
Inactive

colmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote for old analogue NTL box

Hi Everyone,

Back asking question again.

My brothers has one of the old analogue NTL box. (picture below)
He no long has the remote (had it stolen) I was wondering if this one would work with it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NTL-Remote-Con...bleFreeview_RL

I contact the seller but he doesn't know.

Or would be best to get a 'All in one remote'

The NTL box.
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Thank in advance for looking.

Colm
colmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2010, 11:07   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Remote for old analogue NTL box

I wouldn't bother getting a new remote for it. The analogue service will soon be completely disconnected, so the box will stop working if it hasn't already

To be honest I didn't think any analogue STBs were still working anyway
Old 12-08-2010, 11:09   #3
colmm
Inactive

colmm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BenMCR, thanks for the post.
Will take your advised and tell him that.
Thanks for the info, sound.!!! +REP
colmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 13:33   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Wow, those analogue boxes are a blast from tha past. You should donate that to some museum, so it can sit next to a Sinclair ZX81

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 13:42   #5
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Wow it looks like a really bad bedside clock/radio, does your brother use a VCR as his main recorder by any chance
Old 12-08-2010, 14:04   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Wow it looks like a really bad bedside clock/radio, does your brother use a VCR as his main recorder by any chance
No he uses a laser disc machine and a 8 track as his music centre.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 14:15   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If your bro gives Virgin a call they should be able to provide a replacement remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
To be honest I didn't think any analogue STBs were still working anyway
I think he's in Derry.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 19:03   #8
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

my in laws switched to Sky because the could only get analogue cable, and the number of channels kept dropping until it became a waste of time. Virgin/NTL can't get permission in their area to lay new cable down for digital cable, it was one of the first areas to get anaologue cable many years ago.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 19:06   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
If your bro gives Virgin a call they should be able to provide a replacement remote.

I think he's in Derry.
I do not think that the remote for that box is still available as it will be the flat one and mine went in the bin nearly 10 years ago.
Old 13-08-2010, 17:34   #10
Nsewell
Inactive

Nsewell is an unknown quantity at this point

If I rember correctly my aunt had a box like that years ago and her remote looked like the one on ebay. I found the manuel for it during a cleaar out.
Nsewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 19:32   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

A remote for that box will probably only now be available on Ebay but the OP would be better of calling Customer Services and getting a new Digital Set Top Box installed as very soon he will lose all his channels.
Old 13-08-2010, 21:00   #12
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Surely they still provide replacement analogue remotes for analogue customers?

AFAIK, digital isn't available in Derry yet. (It's close, though)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 22:14   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Surely they still provide replacement analogue remotes for analogue customers?

AFAIK, digital isn't available in Derry yet. (It's close, though)
I did Digital training recently and we have no codes for any replacements for analogue and we advise customers to upgrade whenever possible to a digital set top box in the same way as we do with any broadband customer who still uses a set top box as a modem as sooner or later their box is going to fail.
Old 14-08-2010, 15:52   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

There are codes for analogue remote replacement - I've just checked
Old 14-08-2010, 16:55   #15
Jameseh

Had one of those in my house when I was very little, I always wondered if it was VM/Telewest. Thanks for the nostalgia.