Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | High Definition on Virgin Media: FAQ

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Package - best number to call

Old 20-02-2010, 10:19   #1
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
Changes to Package - best number to call

Hello All,

I am not having much luck dialling 150 as they seem to want over £100 a month from me to make some changes to my package (no sniggering!)

I currently have:

BB XXL (50MEG)
TV M
PHONE XL

I have no idea why i have this mix but i do know virgin rang me up last year and said for no extra money i can have Phone XL instead of the lowest phone package so i said sure why not.

Anyway my XXL BB is dire and has been since install 4-5 months ago i have given in trying to get it fixed as Virgin don’t see any issues with it (and fair enough its perfect sometimes but dire enough of the time for me to notice it) I am a fairly clever IT chap and have done my best to troubleshoot but didn’t get anywhere but have noticed I’m not alone in the world after reading posts here and on VM's forum.

So i was thinking to downgrade my XXL BB to the XL package as that was a constant speed and very reliable.

I currently pay £50.95 for BB XXL TV M PHONE XL

Taking the BB down to XL would save me 5 or so pounds a month.

It was at this time i noticed the "VIP" package that seemed to offer XL everything for £78 a month this would give me the BB speed i want + lots more channels sky sports and movies and a HD box.

I called up and said could i have the VIP package and was told if i wanted it then it would cost me over a £100 a month.

The nearest i could get to it was have XL everything for £70 but this would not include a HD box or sky sports or movies.

So I said that seemed a little unfair as i have been with them for 10 years and i was orginally looking to downgrade my package but then offered to spend even more money with them and start a new 12 month contract. But it seems they wouldn’t budge.
In fact they wouldn’t (couldn’t) downgrade my BB i asked if there was someone else i could talk to and was told Nope sorry.

So I’m here begging for help.

How do i nicely downgrade my BB (as its not what it is advertised)?
Do i need to give them back the router? modem? do i need a new modem or can the 50meg one do 20meg as well?

How do i get on the "VIP" package as current customer?
Any numbers i can call and talk to someone who doesn’t have a script

Thanks in advance.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2010, 10:27   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Changes to Package - best number to call

You just call 150 and follow the call tree.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 10:30   #3
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
Re: Changes to Package - best number to call

well indeed that's what i did.
so am i to assume i cant downgrade my BB as its naff
and i cant get the VIP package for less than £100
if so i may as well just cancel my contract is up next month anyway and become a new customer...which is silly.
I actually want to give them more money but not over double im sure im not alone in thinking £100+ is a lot for phone bb and tv.
I dont even want the phone or the line as i have a voip phone with a local number but take it as they make it "free" and the cost goes up if i dont have it..

Like i ordered a Virgin business BB service the other day it was £99 with a phone line installed OR £199 without a phone line installed..madness
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote