Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 20:14   #106
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I think Big Red is saying that we will get SSN HD
Are you sure It sounded like he said we had no chance of getting it. So bring on Elvis as prime minister.
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2010, 20:19   #107
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

I just want Sky 1 HD and Russia Today to launch then i'll be happy. I hope ofcom re-investigate sky and force them to share sky sports 3+4 + any new ones they launch as they might launch a sky sports 5 with football on knowing sky! :P I'm suprised History HD is taken so long, would be a pretty popular channel i would have thought.
Old 11-08-2010, 21:04   #108
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
My insider says its coming with the 5 Sky Basic HD channels being Sky1, Sky Arts 1/2, Sky News and Sky Sports News. Sky Sports News. Sky Sports News. Sky Sports News.
Blimey days, if this can happen, then pigs CAN fly!
Old 11-08-2010, 21:56   #109
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Old 11-08-2010, 22:20   #110
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Then Elvis Presely is are next PM
woohoo, when is he due to be our pm, i want to welcome him with open arms like a hound dog baby.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:27   #111
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers View Post
Are you sure It sounded like he said we had no chance of getting it. So bring on Elvis as prime minister.
I was being sarcastic - yes my source has said Sky Sports News HD is one of the Sky Basic HD channels coming our way.

He could not confirm date but except anything on or after the 1st Sept.

It’s believed that all 5 HD channels will launch at the same time.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:28   #112
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

5 new HD channels thats more than I hoped for. Got to enjoy these coming months when having all these HD channels are a new experience. I'll no doubt take these channels for granted by next year. Exciting times.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:38   #113
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

glad Big Red has told us that, when it launches, i ceritanly cant wait for 6am that morning when i get to see the girl presenter (cant remeber her name ) in glouiours hd, ill be drolling hehe

i remeber her name now
Old 11-08-2010, 23:29   #114
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

thanks Big Red. It is good to have you on here. So im guessing SSN HD confirmed in the coming month for Virgin is it not?
Old 12-08-2010, 00:53   #115
piquet41
Inactive

Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I was being sarcastic - yes my source has said Sky Sports News HD is one of the Sky Basic HD channels coming our way.

He could not confirm date but except anything on or after the 1st Sept.

It’s believed that all 5 HD channels will launch at the same time.
I think it will be 3rd Sept. Why, because it's same day that sky are re-branding Virgin 1 ( and probably the same day they (Sky) get Living HD) So, I expect ( my opinion of course) that we will get the Sky basics HD channels on this day.

If Sky are re-branding Virgin 1 it must mean that they have ownership of that channel, which sould mean that an exchange of channels, as per their agreement will take place..... we shall see.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:14   #116
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by piquet41 View Post
I think it will be 3rd Sept. Why, because it's same day that sky are re-branding Virgin 1 ( and probably the same day they (Sky) get Living HD) So, I expect ( my opinion of course) that we will get the Sky basics HD channels on this day.

If Sky are re-branding Virgin 1 it must mean that they have ownership of that channel, which sould mean that an exchange of channels, as per their agreement will take place..... we shall see.

Not long now to go

Old 12-08-2010, 02:12   #117
mattboothers
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-SWITCH View Post
Not long now to go

Shame if it is that day. As its the day after I return to college
Old 12-08-2010, 14:41   #118
Chartwell
Inactive

Chartwell will become famous soon enoughChartwell will become famous soon enoughChartwell will become famous soon enough

Any news on Sky Sports' red button interactivity? Is it still pencilled in to arrive before the Champions League?
Old 12-08-2010, 14:44   #119
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartwell View Post
Any news on Sky Sports' red button interactivity? Is it still pencilled in to arrive before the Champions League?
Early 2011
Old 12-08-2010, 14:55   #120
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Red button is supposed to be the end of the year.
Closed Thread