Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 16-06-2017, 16:35   #4291
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
They make it very difficult on purpose to get to certain bits on the laptop sadly heero.
Yep, they hope you'll either buy a new one or take it to an expensive repair shop.

Anyhow I've found a nice set of miniature bits with a few other tools like tweezers and plastic blades for a tenner on Amazon.

My old Sony FX101 Vaio was a doddle to take apart.
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2017, 16:41   #4292
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Friday is the day - the day they want to start using my fistula and stick me with pencil sized needles!!!
I got all worked up about it then they decided not to do it today but wait for Monday.

Pah I have to spend all weekend getting ready again!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 16:47   #4293
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I got all worked up about it then they decided not to do it today but wait for Monday.

Pah I have to spend all weekend getting ready again!
So sorry dilli that it was not done today and that is has been delayed until Monday as when l go to my local hospital on early Monday l will be hoping and praying that it is done then for you.
Old 18-06-2017, 21:00   #4294
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

When programmes use "Don't try this at home"

Like we have lying at home 2 tons of sand, or 200 ton weights, and even access to 1billion volts"

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Yep, they hope you'll either buy a new one or take it to an expensive repair shop.

Anyhow I've found a nice set of miniature bits with a few other tools like tweezers and plastic blades for a tenner on Amazon.

My old Sony FX101 Vaio was a doddle to take apart.
My VAIOs battery needs replacing, it doesn't help that I no longer have the battery manager software, which I lost thanks to a failed attempt to back up pre a Win 10 install which never happened.

The base is unvented just will need to work out which screws to remove.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:33   #4295
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l saw the consultant this morning after having some of dilli needles stabbed into me and the upshot is they are going to do a CT scan as they really don't want to do another colonoscopy on me given my other serious other long term medical conditions and his initial thoughts are that l suffer from IBS and that l have had some pretty bad bouts of it since my last operation.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:51   #4296
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Den
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 12:02   #4297
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
l saw the consultant this morning after having some of dilli needles stabbed into me and the upshot is they are going to do a CT scan as they really don't want to do another colonoscopy on me given my other serious other long term medical conditions and his initial thoughts are that l suffer from IBS and that l have had some pretty bad bouts of it since my last operation.
You can try an over the counter drug called Buscopan which will help with stomach cramps and pain associated with IBS. Also try and do a food diary of some kind to narrow down what food or ingredient could be causing the problem. Luckily IBS can be controlled with a change of diet and lifestyle. At least you don't have to have a colonoscopy so that's good.
Old 19-06-2017, 17:17   #4298
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
You can try an over the counter drug called Buscopan which will help with stomach cramps and pain associated with IBS. Also try and do a food diary of some kind to narrow down what food or ingredient could be causing the problem. Luckily IBS can be controlled with a change of diet and lifestyle. At least you don't have to have a colonoscopy so that's good.
l will have to try that peanut but l just have to make sure it does not interact with all my other medication's.

l have changed my diet quite considerably and try to avoid foods that set it off and l have much smaller meals then l was having as he seems to think that all the stressful events that had happened in the last 10 months have set it off and sadly there have been a few of them.

Yes not having a colonoscopy was a relief as he said he was very wary of doing one of them because of my other complex medical conditions.
Old 19-06-2017, 17:30   #4299
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
I hope they sort you out

Me - again they didn't do it as they ran out of absthetic. Which is twice I've been all worked up for it.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 17:42   #4300
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I hope they sort you out

Me - again they didn't do it as they ran out of absthetic. Which is twice I've been all worked up for it.
Thanks dilli as yes hopefully they can get it under control as l also have many other tests and scans coming up in the next 2 months as the phone lately has been ringing nearly every day with them arranging dates for all these things as we are away for a few weeks in a few weeks time.

Sorry to hear about your test not happening as l know what it is like as you prepare yourself for it and then it does not happen.
Old 19-06-2017, 19:23   #4301
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I saw a old DQM change his profile picture to the euro flag on Facebook.

I posted, soon they'll be off my car and we'll be out soon.

I did post that if it cost me my job so be it, it just a job.

he posted thats a stupid comment.

I was going to clarify by stating what I've said here, but I couldn't as he's removed me as a friend and blocked me, he is about 5 years younger, but his actions I'd say 30.

So I guess I can't get a reference if needed

His loss.

The funny thing is I can talk to people I work with who are remainers civilised, but I guess he can't.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:58   #4302
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It's too bloody hot especially in the house!!!
Old 20-06-2017, 16:11   #4303
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Sorry but another rant about my lovely sister.

Last night my lovely sister called me a stupid bitch although she put the (F) word ending in ING in front of stupid bitch, then she looked right in our car using her favourite word starting with the letter F and ending in ING a load of morons how lovely that was for my son to witness. I'm not saying that me and hubby never swear but really has she no shame or class at all. This was shouted at us in my parents driveway as we were leaving. To say that this left our 15 year son (who is a young 15 year old may I add) bewildered as well as shocked as to why he was being called a effing moron and his Mum a stupid bitch is a understatement, the only reply I gave her was oh shut up you blooter this was said may I add not shouted. Although I should not have replied but I did and she really is the most disgusting person I know, I mean who acts like that so openly and in earshot of their dying Mothers open bedroom window. Although my youngest thought the word I used was fantastic as he had never heard of this word before and naturally I had to tell him although the word blooter is not a swearing it is still not a nice word to use because it's Scottish slang for an unattractive woman and I should never have used it and it was wrong of his Mum to say such a word in front of him.

I did to say to him now what did you learn from that and I had to chuckle when he said Mum are you scared of her Mum as you just told me to get in the car and shut the door and I said no son that is how you handle idiots you ignore them after all you cannot argue with ignorance to which I explained who was the stupid bitch the one going in their car in silence or the one ranting and raving in the street, to which he replied my Aunt then I said who was acting like a moron and now looks the fool to which he again replied my Aunt.

Hubby and I spoke about this last night and he said that he cannot understand as to why I remain so calm and I said I'm not calm I'm angry that she has now included my son in her abusive ways but I need to set an example to our son. What my sister does not know is this was all caught on dash cam which hubby has saved this as he is going to speak to her hubby who is a lovely quite man about her abusive behaviour and this really is not on especially in front of our son. I do get the feeling that she is trying to goad me into a reaction as everything she has done in the past has failed so she thought that she would try this in front of my son who is I admit my Achilles heel but since she has no children she does not realise that as a Mother you need to set a example even if you do feel like getting out the car and having words and trust me I did last night feel like this, but how could I do that when I have always preached to my children walk away from trouble, do not rise to the bait no matter what is being said or done, etc

I do wonder why she needs to rant and rave so loudly as there is honestly no need for this behaviour at all in my opinion as I'm a great believer in that someone who shouts and swears should be ignored as getting into a argument with someone like this only brings you down to their level.
Old 20-06-2017, 16:24   #4304
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I saw a old DQM change his profile picture to the euro flag on Facebook.

I posted, soon they'll be off my car and we'll be out soon.

I did post that if it cost me my job so be it, it just a job.

he posted thats a stupid comment.

I was going to clarify by stating what I've said here, but I couldn't as he's removed me as a friend and blocked me, he is about 5 years younger, but his actions I'd say 30.

So I guess I can't get a reference if needed

His loss.

The funny thing is I can talk to people I work with who are remainers civilised, but I guess he can't.
Pretty childish behaviour I'd say.

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Quote:
I hope they sort you out

Sympathies mate, I know how tough it is getting all psyched up for something only to be told it's not going to happen. It's only happened to me a couple of times so for you it must be horrendous by now. Chin up.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote:
Thanks dilli as yes hopefully they can get it under control as l also have many other tests and scans coming up in the next 2 months as the phone lately has been ringing nearly every day with them arranging dates for all these things as we are away for a few weeks in a few weeks time.

Sorry to hear about your test not happening as l know what it is like as you prepare yourself for it and then it does not happen.
Good luck with all that Den, glad you don't have to suffer the dreaded...

My wife had that done, starved for 48 hours and turned up to hospital at 7.30 am only to find the equipment had just broken down so she'd have to go through it all over again. Luckily the laid on extra sessions the following weekend so she didn't have to wait long.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 16:35   #4305
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Online order for tonight has been cancelled by a certain supermarket after their IT system went belly up last night.