Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Not driving to work could save £1,000

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Not driving to work could save £1,000

Old 06-07-2017, 17:12   #46
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Not driving to work could save £1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Cycle lanes on normal roads are still hazards for the motorists. I meant complete physical separation, not a painted lane in a road.
i'm all for that -they can cycle in Europe
Old 06-07-2017, 17:29   #47
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i'm all for that -they can cycle in Europe
Our roads firstly are not made for cyclists and secondly many of them think they bloody own the roads whilst paying no tax and insurance and even less have the right road skills to ride a bike on the roads IMO..
Old 06-07-2017, 21:36   #48
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Our roads firstly are not made for cyclists and secondly many of them think they bloody own the roads whilst paying no tax and insurance and even less have the right road skills to ride a bike on the roads IMO..
Old 06-07-2017, 21:44   #49
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Cycle lanes on normal roads are still hazards for the motorists.
Interesting that you refer to cycling provision as hazard. Do you think motorists are hazardous to cyclists?

Quote:
I meant complete physical separation, not a painted lane in a road.
So do you support segregated cycle lanes?

Quote:
Firstly, who says so? The bicycle was invented well before the car;
Secondly, cyclists DO own the roads in the same way as any other road user 'owns' the roads;
Thirdly, read the thread about tax and insurance;
Fourthly, Don't generalise, it makes you look stupid.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 21:58   #50
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Interesting that you refer to cycling provision as hazard. Do you think motorists are hazardous to cyclists?

Firstly, who says so? The bicycle was invented well before the car;
We are in 2017 not 1717.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote:

Secondly, cyclists DO own the roads in the same way as any other road user 'owns' the roads;
In your opinion but not the vast majority...

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote:

Thirdly, read the thread about tax and insurance;
Pot calling the kettle black there Kursk.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Quote:

Fourthly, Don't generalise.
Now unless l am mistaken you seem to be the expert at that as other threads will reveal.

Last edited by denphone; 06-07-2017 at 22:03.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 22:01   #51
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
We are in 2017 not 1717.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

In your opinion but not the vast majority...

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Pot calling the kettle black there Kursk.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Now unless l am mistaken you seem to be the expert at that as other threads will reveal.
You have exhausted me with your mumbojumbo .
Old 06-07-2017, 22:05   #52
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
You have exhausted me with your mumbojumbo .
l have just made it a bit clearer to you in my last reply as my brain works slower these days.
Old 06-07-2017, 22:11   #53
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
l have just made it a bit clearer to you in my last reply as my brain works slower these days.
Nope, I'd worked out the references it's the deciphering of the meanings that's confused me. You are too deep for me Den
Old 06-07-2017, 23:31   #54
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

I don't feel safe on my bike out on the road now, the cycle lanes around here don't get used and they are in better condition that the roads (mainly as they are paths off the road), on some really busy roads I still see cyclists dice with weather when they cycle path is next to them.

I looked at taking a job that was in walking/cycling distance and was safe and was all ready to give the car up for work but it never did work out, maybe next time.
Old 07-07-2017, 00:43   #55
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Cyclist shoud be like tractors. stop, pull over. and let proper road users get past.

pretend they're cars. slow bloody cars.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Quote:
if your not taxed and insured i can't hear you
As if cyclists don't emit emmisions by farting all the way to God knows where they're going.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:38   #56
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
As if cyclists don't emit emmisions by farting all the way to God knows where they're going.
Careful papa, Gary is probing you with a bit of covert bum foreplay there. Very sneaky
Old 07-07-2017, 11:34   #57
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Although there are some cyclists who should never be allowed out on the roads and have little regard for other users including pavements and pedestrian crossings if that is what they want to use most are careful even if annoying.

It's when they get into "packs" that the fun really starts. Whether it a group of young fools like I encountered yesterday weaving all over the road even crossing to my side cycling against my direction to the more organised groups in tighter clothing that either bunch up over the whole lane or are snaked out over some distance, both are difficult to get past. I don't care if they are training or racing, they need to be aware of other road users and if necessary pull over and wait.

Yes they have a right to use the road but like all road users need to have consideration for other traffic.
Old 07-07-2017, 15:49   #58
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Police helping a cyclist get into the cycle lane.....

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview...7524113209.mp4
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 17:32   #59
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Police helping a cyclist get into the cycle lane.....

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview...7524113209.mp4
if that's the official way to deal with them i'm all for it
Old 07-07-2017, 17:34   #60
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
if that's the official way to deal with them i'm all for it

Me as well
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote