Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 16-12-2016, 15:33   #31
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

You've hit the nail on the head Andrew.

Today the sound suddenly disappeared on all services; a reboot cured it though.

The problem of sporadic white audio noise continues, albeit very occasionally.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2016, 17:01   #32
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Glad i'm waiting
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:53   #33
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

There seems to be three separate threads regarding V6 issues. I've picked this one... hopefully people will pick it up.

Anyhoooooo.... I had my lovely V6 installed before Christmas. generally I am very pleased with it. I only have one box so haven't been able to try out any of the streaming options. Also, I haven't tried streaming/downloading to the app yet either.

However, I have noticed that I have had to reboot this box a few times because it got "stuck" whilst waking up. This has happened 4 times since I received it and twice alone this week. Has anyone else noticed this with their box? It's not a huge inconvenience but I never had to do this with my TiVo box. Perhaps it's been trying to update software or something.

Anyway, as I said, not a huge problem. I'm just curious if anyone else has observed the same issues.
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:21   #34
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, it's a known software issue. I expect it'll be fixed by a software update so bear with it for now. You could also try disabling power-saving in the Settings->Devices menu
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:30   #35
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh....cheers for that tip, Spidey!
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 22:17   #36
daz100
Inactive

daz100 is an unknown quantity at this point

My anytime app keeps disconnecting from the v6 over and over not sure if that is a fault?
My vod keeps giving me error 407 is it or 409 since install.
daz100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:16   #37
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That's a known error on the V6 when used with certain TVs. A software fix is in development, but in the meantime try going into the Video Output Formats settings menus and unticking 1080i.
What TVs is this an issue with? Or has this been fixed now anyway?
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:46   #38
horno46
cf.member

horno46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone else experiencing erratic behaviour from their V6 remotes? I have two installed and have used one predominantly so far so I'm not sure if it's an issue with both.
horno46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:43   #39
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, it's a known software issue. I expect it'll be fixed by a software update so bear with it for now. You could also try disabling power-saving in the Settings->Devices menu
Is there anyway field technicians can find out this information?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:43   #40
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
What TVs is this an issue with? Or has this been fixed now anyway?
It was first reported on a Sanyo CE32LD47-B, but may well affect other TVs too. Whatever, it's easily worked around by disabling 1080i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horno46 View Post
Is anyone else experiencing erratic behaviour from their V6 remotes? I have two installed and have used one predominantly so far so I'm not sure if it's an issue with both.
Try resetting the remote using the process I posted here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=2480

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Is there anyway field technicians can find out this information?
Simply visit CF

There was talk of getting known errors made available on the PDAs, but that's all gone a bit quiet. I'll make enquiries.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 17:30   #41
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Over the last few days, mine has ignored four programme delete requests, rebooting it gets them to go away though.

The sporadic white noise is now a precursor to the box going slower and ignoring what you ask it to do with the remote eg tabbing down further than you ask it to.

Again, a reboot clears this. Happens once or twice a week.
Old 16-01-2017, 17:40   #42
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

This is something that some SkyQ users are reporting too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yesterday evening the picture started going on & off again
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 20:29   #43
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
This is something that some SkyQ users are reporting too.
That time was really bad, it has only happened the once though, touch wood.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

For the second time in a week, ive found that it hasn't recorded any daytime programmes. It seems to have stopped after I put it in standby in the early hours of this morning.

The first time that I become aware of this is when I try to take it out of standby as it says something like "waking up" and never progresses.

Again, a reboot gets it going again, but all the programmes set to record are lost.

Could this be a return of the problem where the box fails to record in standby and has to be left on 24/7??
Old 16-01-2017, 20:30   #44
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Oh dear, not a good start for the V6 then.......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 21:37   #45
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Oh dear, not a good start for the V6 then.......
Nope, just tried to watch one of the programmes that it failed to record via On Demand. In return I get a black screen and silence with none of the buttons doing anything.

Now waiting for another reboot to complete (which will mess up my evening recordings too).

I think you are wise to wait until these problems are sorted out Max.