Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Old 27-04-2012, 13:20   #61
akhlaq768
Inactive

akhlaq768 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
Just a update on my new cisco e4200 this is the best Router i have had yet look at the speed test this is on a Wireless connection

Attachment 23416
Where did u get the router from? And how much did u Pay for it?

Was is it easy to set up
akhlaq768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2012, 15:13   #62
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Ditto, you'll find linksys roters are a bit more expensive but they are worth every penny. You need to be looking at the e2000 as a minimum because it has got gigabit ports. Amongst other things the 3000 series has got dual band wireless.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 21:32   #63
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
Just a update on my new cisco e4200 this is the best Router i have had yet look at the speed test this is on a Wireless connection

Attachment 23416
And this is on a wireless connection with a router that cost half as much:

... Your point is?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 22:36   #64
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

I am coming close to my anger limit with V/M. I have contacted them umpteen times since returning back to them recently. (Big Mistake?)

All Ive got back are them auto replies saying that they will be in touch within 48 Hours.

Then the Emails I do get back from them, give no answers at all to the questions I had originally asked?

The crap router they installed is not our main problem, its the poor Internet connection coming into our hose. We are being charged for 60Mb yet receiving only around 15.

We were better off when we are old 10Mbs
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 06:41   #65
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I was not making a point i was just telling people that the cisco e4200 is a good Router and i know it is not the cheapest one out there. my last post was just a update http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35409663-post15.html
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 10:16   #66
uknutz
Inactive

Services: VIP100, Tivo, V+, V HD, 2 phone lines, Motorised Dish, Dreambox
uknutz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
ASUS RT-N56U I've been looking at this one as well not sure how good it will be it costs a little more than the N16 but it looks attractive
I have been using this router for the last 3 months and it is excellent. Well worth the money i paid when I got it. In 3 months I have had to reboot once, and that was me changing some settings and adding a new HD. Full wifi coverage over all out house with no dropouts on any of the devices (2 xboxes, 1 ps3, 2 ipads, 2 iphones, 1 blackberry, 1 android). Works great as file & media server. Looks good.

Best router I have used bar none.
uknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 10:48   #67
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

ASUS RT-N56U < went for this as well, roll on monday £90+ most places, overclockers have on sale the now for £80
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 14:20   #68
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them

Netgear R6300 and it's an 802.11ac dual-band gigabit Wi-Fi router. i’ll wait to see what the growing pains are like first as its not out until next month.
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 11:38   #69
akhlaq768
Inactive

Can the Cisco e4000 be used with a virgin line?
Old 23-11-2012, 15:10   #70
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Yup. The 4000 was the first model in that series and then they brought out the 4200 and 4500
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:37   #71
akhlaq768
Inactive

Thanks... Just ordered the 4500.... Any advice on how to get the best performance from it?

Thanks again