Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Old 07-04-2012, 17:25   #46
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Re: looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Your right I have no idea what im talking about

They do some high end stuff, but the same money could get you a lot better IMO
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2012, 18:23   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Why ? What wrong with Netgear ?
Everything, they are half responsible for the shub disaster.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:12   #48
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

So if there are that many issues with the superhub especially wifi then why haven't VM looked into this as most people use wifi more this day and age than wired connection?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:13   #49
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Everything, they are half responsible for the shub disaster.
I thought the problems are related to software and cheaping out by virgin?
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:18   #50
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
So if there are that many issues with the superhub especially wifi then why haven't VM looked into this as most people use wifi more this day and age than wired connection?
they have an upgrade coming soon.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:52   #51
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

because at the end of the day everything revolves around $$$ and VM want a product which they can support 100%. I am sure there is a very good statistic showing that 80% of tech support calls are non-connection issue orientated and VM want to be able to support the routing side of things as well. They did a cheap ass job with the shub, didnt test it properly and rushed it through and there have been no end of problems with it which should have been picked up on prior to general release. They are working their way through them with numerous firmware upgrades but this has been going on for over a year and a half.

This is why you still see many posts on the forum about the shub and new users having wireless issues (unaware of the drama) and many of us being blunt and recommending putting it in modem mode and buying a proper router which you know is going to work out the box as it should do.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:21   #52
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

i read in VM forum that is coming out this year a new super hub
the guy posted this was told by senior engineer
can find the post to give the link
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:36   #53
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

well the main issue is wifi they need to pull this modem out of stock and put it back into beta or alpha testing
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44   #54
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

theres meant to be a second superhub on the scene some time this year, thats about all anyone knows at the moment
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:32   #55
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
theres meant to be a second superhub on the scene some time this year, thats about all anyone knows at the moment
given the fiasco with the shub I think everyone has lost confidence in them now. Even if it is the best thning since sliced bread, from the shub experience, I would now expect it to be a pile of poo.

Either way, I am still not going to use it, nothing they supply is going to trump my Linksys router.
Old 08-04-2012, 21:25   #56
Gavin78
Ice Cold

I went and ordered the N900
Old 12-04-2012, 22:26   #57
gumpy321
Inactive

Services: V.I.P 50
gumpy321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update. The TP-Link came on Tuesday and had it set up with in 20 mins. Wireless is superb, I'm talking 100% signal strength on the PS3 upstairs and wireless has to go through two slightly thick walls.

The only problem I encountered was it dropping connection very 30 mins or so. It turned out I'd forgotten to select the wireless channel and it was conflicting with someone else's wireless round here. After I'd changed it to channel 1, voila, no more drop outs.

I've also updated it to the lastest firmware as the one in the router was quite old.

So yeah, a big thumbs up from me for £42.
gumpy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:44   #58
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

We have just had our Internet upgraded from 10Mb to 60Mb with new Modem/Hub.

We get the full Mb speed on the desk top, but the best I can get on my lap-top and my wife's I-Pad is between 13 to 20Mb?

The V/M technician came and adjusted the new Modem/Hub and that made a difference, and it doesnt drop away to zero, like it used to.

Still, that's better than the 10Mb we had before.
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 11:58   #59
akhlaq768
Inactive

akhlaq768 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got virgin media engineer coming today fitting a 100 mb line.

I want to place an order for a wireless router what do you guys recommend, need essentially for upstairs wireless use.

Thanks guys
akhlaq768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 13:01   #60
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Just a update on my new cisco e4200 this is the best Router i have had yet look at the speed test this is on a Wireless connection

Attachment 23416
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote