Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Old 06-04-2012, 19:53   #31
gumpy321
Inactive

Services: V.I.P 50
gumpy321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: looking for a good Wireless Router for 100Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
I got that TP-LINK one from Amazon and have to say its working great. Signal strength is excellent through the house now whereas the superhub was struggling. You could load alternative firmwares on it, but for me the latest original firmware is fine.
Thanks for your info, much appreciated. I've gone ahead and ordered it.
gumpy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2012, 19:55   #32
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Have also heard great things about tp link routers for their price.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 19:57   #33
eto
Inactive

Services: 20mb
eto is an unknown quantity at this point

theres this one upcoming http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...del=TL-WDR4300

tho i think i'll just go this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-W.../dp/B002YETVTQ
eto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 21:21   #34
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I've looked at the tomato site says linux on it?

I've never used linux not too fussed if I want to install this on the router would be a simple plug and play to use or will I need knowledge of linux to use the router software?

I can't do with the hassle from the wife if she can't get connect to the net and I need a router with a great signal to reach the whole house from downstairs.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 21:29   #35
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I've looked at the tomato site says linux on it?

I've never used linux not too fussed if I want to install this on the router would be a simple plug and play to use or will I need knowledge of linux to use the router software?

I can't do with the hassle from the wife if she can't get connect to the net and I need a router with a great signal to reach the whole house from downstairs.
You don't need to know jack about linux.

In spite of seeming complex it is only a 10 minute job to install tomato usb. In the remote chance of a failure their is a recovery procedure which also gives the possibility of reverting back to an asus firmware. Quite while you should want to though is beyond my comprehension.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 22:06   #36
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Its not me its the hassle I get from the wife if the internet messes up especially if its down to me lol.

Easy life and all that so thanks anyway I'll put an order in for the router
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 22:51   #37
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I get on great with this, a genuine dual band:-

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/produc.../WNDR3700.aspx

This list might help you choose too.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwa...er-charts/view
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 22:53   #38
eto
Inactive

Services: 20mb
eto is an unknown quantity at this point

see http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato/ for instructions

tomato has a good Gui .. a web interface, at http://192.168.1.1/

or use OpenWRT http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/start

any issues or problems u encounter, u wont be the first, unca google has answers
eto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02   #39
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
I get on great with this, a genuine dual band:-

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/produc.../WNDR3700.aspx
I got this one as well but DGND3700 (use both DSL/Cable) and the wi-fi for 100 Meg is much better than Superhub wi-fi on the modem mode enabled
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:05   #40
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

I wouldnt recommend a netgear though
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06   #41
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
I wouldnt recommend a netgear though
Why ? What wrong with Netgear ? I had no problem with mine !
Old 07-04-2012, 02:58   #42
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

generally you get what you pay for, netgear are a cheap end product
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:43   #43
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Netgear products are cheap?
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:47   #44
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Cheap?! Damn thing cost me £109!

We are talking about the home user market aren't we?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 13:29   #45
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

ingorne craigj2k12 he doesn't have any clues about netgear are too cheap! my netgear DGND3700 is high performance and it not cheap, it cost me £119.99 (that was £30 off offer) now you tell me "are these cheap stuff ?"