Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

EPG Data missing

Old 28-06-2012, 08:19   #1
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
EPG Data missing

I've posted similar over on the community forum... I've noticed the past couple of weeks, the V+ 7day TV EPG randomly has gaps in it, where for a few hours chunk of particular channels, "no programme information available". A couple of weeks ago, it fixed itself without intervention. We had a gap on Tuesday which I left until Monday to deal with - a reboot resolved this. I've now spotted a glaring gap tomorrow (Friday) night, where we have no EPG data between 7-10pm for BBC or ITV1.

I tried sending an "update hit" via TV Care, which for 15mins replaced "no programme information available" with "loading...." only for the same problem after. This may get resolved with a reboot, I don't know - but on principle, I'm not going to try. Something's clearly going amiss with the EPG/data here, to be causing this. Also I'm willing to bet a few £ that if I reboot now, there'll be another gap will appear within a few days.. constant reboots can't be the answer!!

Can anyone shed any light/wisdom on this?
Thanks.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2012, 08:21   #2
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: EPG Data missing

Always had had this problem. Sorry
Old 28-06-2012, 09:30   #3
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Re: EPG Data missing

Yup, our V+ does the same periodically. It usually resolves itself although that's probably because that period of time has passed. I've never paid much attention as it's the bedroom box and so only used at night.