Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dishonest and underhanded.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dishonest and underhanded.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:17   #16
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dishonest and underhanded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkie View Post
I've just had a thought
I signed up to virgin media online, but never received a contract to sign.
Does this mean I'm technically not in contract, or does the online signup qualify as a contract?
Thanks
Online order and installation counts as part of the contract. Virgin do have to provide written confirmation of the contract, but it doesn't make it completely void

BTW you did have 28 days from date of installation to change your mind if you weren't happy. I'm guessing that as it was mid-March you were installed this has now passed
Old 01-05-2012, 12:30   #17
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If you click on to order it, when you review your order there is an L next to it. Which in my language stands for large.
And the customer service agent called it Large as well.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Copied from their website

Summary (18 month contract unless specified)
One off cost Monthly cost

Broadband L
£14.50 £7.25 for the first 6 months

Phone M

Extras

Virgin Media Super Hub

Virgin Phone line

Virgin Phone line
£13.90

You signed up for 10mb. The fact that they have restructured and renamed is nothing to do with it, because you are getting what you signed up for.

As qas says, you will get a free upgrade eventually, and then you will be getting more than you signed up for.

And as Sherlock Holmes said:
Quote:
You cant really expect them to advertise in the middle of March that all new customers should wait 2 weeks before signing up so they get a better deal. No one would sign up for those 2 weeks then would they.

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:
It's not the offer I'm disputing. I signed up to large broadband.
Large broadband is now 3 times the speed and I'm stuck on 10 mb, which no longer exists on their website.
If I signed up 2 weeks later I would have had the same deal, just with 30 mb.
Has my package now been rebranded to extra small?
You signed up to 10mb, and that's what you have got
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 21:23   #18
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post
But the point here is the OP didn't sign up for 10Mb broadband - He signed up for 'Broadband L'. Virgin didn't subsequently change the 'offer', they changed the product spec i.e. the speed they provision Broadband L at so he has every expectation that the product he contracted to purchase is supplied!
He signed up for a 10Mb contract nothing more and because they renamed a 30Mb product a few weeks later it actually has no bearing on this whatsoever because you only get what you signed for nothing more.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Quote:
I've just had a thought
I signed up to virgin media online, but never received a contract to sign.
Does this mean I'm technically not in contract, or does the online signup qualify as a contract?
Thanks
I expect that have you paid for the services, have you not? therefore you have accepted any contract.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote