Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dishonest and underhanded.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Dishonest and underhanded.

Old 30-04-2012, 20:05   #1
bokkie
Inactive

bokkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Dishonest and underhanded.

I joined Virgin Media in the middle of March as my sky broadband kept going down.

When I joined the Large broadband was 10 mb, which is a bit slow, but all I could afford.

2 weeks after I join, the large package is suddenly 30 mb. So I thought wow, give them a call and get changed over. WRONG!

I was told that if I wanted the 30 mb broadband I would lose my half price for 6 months offer as I was changing deals.

Well I'm not, the Large broadband is now 30 mb so surely I should be changed to this speed?

Why was I not told when I signed up that speeds were tripling in speed for the same price in 2 weeks time?

Dishonest, underhanded and terrible customer service.

I'm going to shout this from the rooftops!

Vermin media indeed!
bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2012, 20:12   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Dishonest and underhanded.

Actually the speed increases have been widely publicised since at least January.

You'll get a free upgrade eventually.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 20:25   #3
bokkie
Inactive

The speed increase is from 10mb to 20mb. I am talking about their package structuring.
large was 10 mb until 31st march, from 1st april it's 30mb. For the same price!
That was not publicised. The double speed was which is only coming to me in 6 months time!
Old 30-04-2012, 20:28   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

http://store.virginmedia.com/broadba...and/index.html
http://store.virginmedia.com/broadba...band/30mb.html

Where does it say 30mb is "large"? All I say is 30mb is 30mb. Large is not mentioned anywhere.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 20:34   #5
bokkie
Inactive

If you click on to order it, when you review your order there is an L next to it. Which in my language stands for large.
And the customer service agent called it Large as well.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Copied from their website

Summary (18 month contract unless specified)
One off cost Monthly cost

Broadband L
£14.50 £7.25 for the first 6 months

Phone M

Extras

Virgin Media Super Hub

Virgin Phone line

Virgin Phone line
£13.90
Old 01-05-2012, 01:47   #6
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

You cant really expect them to advertise in the middle of March that all new customers should wait 2 weeks before signing up so they get a better deal. No one would sign up for those 2 weeks then would they.

However, I do see why your not happy about this (I wouldnt be either), and I think they could/should of upped you to 30meg now (without losing your half price for 6 months) as a good will gesture when you phoned up and mentioned this.

Cheers
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58   #7
Inactive

Services: 100Mbit Broadband
7031 is on a distinguished road7031 is on a distinguished road

I could be completely off here, but I'm thinking it may be worth trying to get though to the UK call centre and see if they're a bit more sympathetic.

That said, if not the I guess just wait until after the 6 months pass and get an update for presumably the same price then.
7031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:26   #8
daggman
Inactive

Services: 30MB broadband XL, thats all now after Price rises and F1 for 22.50, so sky tv for me.
daggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
You cant really expect them to advertise in the middle of March that all new customers should wait 2 weeks before signing up so they get a better deal. No one would sign up for those 2 weeks then would they.

However, I do see why your not happy about this (I wouldnt be either), and I think they could/should of upped you to 30meg now (without losing your half price for 6 months) as a good will gesture when you phoned up and mentioned this.

Cheers

completly agree with the above and UK call centre is the way to go
daggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39   #9
bokkie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggman View Post
completly agree with the above and UK call centre is the way to go
Thanks. I did phone the u.k. call centre. Spoke to a very lovely sounding scottish lass.
When i asked if I could upgrade to the 60 mb for an extra fiver a month I still got told I would lose my offer as it was a different package.
Talk about customer service hey!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:10   #10
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

You signed up to an offer, if a new offer comes out after that, why do you expect them to free you from your contract to take that offer ?

There will always been different offers on the go.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02   #11
bokkie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
You signed up to an offer, if a new offer comes out after that, why do you expect them to free you from your contract to take that offer ?

It's not the offer I'm disputing. I signed up to large broadband.
Large broadband is now 3 times the speed and I'm stuck on 10 mb, which no longer exists on their website.
If I signed up 2 weeks later I would have had the same deal, just with 30 mb.
Has my package now been rebranded to extra small?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:06   #12
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post

But the point here is the OP didn't sign up for 10Mb broadband - He signed up for 'Broadband L'. Virgin didn't subsequently change the 'offer', they changed the product spec i.e. the speed they provision Broadband L at so he has every expectation that the product he contracted to purchase is supplied!
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34   #13
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post
But the point here is the OP didn't sign up for 10Mb broadband - He signed up for 'Broadband L'. Virgin didn't subsequently change the 'offer', they changed the product spec i.e. the speed they provision Broadband L at so he has every expectation that the product he contracted to purchase is supplied!
This was always going to be a problem, the way Virgin Media have done this speed increase is all wrong.

What they should be doing is offering Broadband L, XL and XXL for certain prices and it should be 10 meg for Broadband L in the areas that havnt been upgraded yet and 30meg in the areas that have been upgraded. This way the new customers wont be using extra bandwidth in an area that isnt ready to support it yet increasing jitter and slowing down the network. It also wouldnt pee off existing customers paying the same price for an inferior speed. People would just have to accept that no one (neither new or existing customers) gets the increased speed in an area that isnt ready for it yet.

cheers
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:40   #14
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkie View Post
The double speed was which is only coming to me in 6 months time!
Well in that case you're a lucky boy then....
My area (which is oversubscribed so won't deliver current speeds reliably for anything over 10Mbps)
Quote:
rest assured, my fittest, fastest engineers will be in your area between October and June 2013 and going as fast as they can.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:11   #15
bokkie
Inactive

I've just had a thought
I signed up to virgin media online, but never received a contract to sign.
Does this mean I'm technically not in contract, or does the online signup qualify as a contract?
Thanks