Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I love TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

I love TiVo

Old 07-03-2012, 11:32   #1
southlad
cf.member

southlad is on a distinguished roadsouthlad is on a distinguished road
I love TiVo

So I was all set to leave VM after the recent price rises, but was offered a great deal by outbound retentions to stay. This included swapping my V+ for a Tivo with free installation and activation.

After just over a week of having Tivo, I'm so glad I stayed with VM.

What I like:

*The look - much more stylish than the V+. Really like the remote too, feels more premium.
*Three Tuners that can record at the same time whilst watching recorded programme. Used to get alot of clashes with V+.
*Suggestions- One of fave features. It's recorded quite a few shows that I didn't even know were on.
*Folders- Makes things less messy with less scrolling.
*YouTube- Nice to have it on big screen.
*Wishlists- Now records all shows/films with my fave actors/directors

I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums (maybe these were before updates) and to be honest prob wouldn't have paid for tivo until it had been running for a few years and ironed out all the problems. But as it was free (with £3 monthly fee instead of £5) I took the plunge.

One question, where the recording lights are I've noticed there is a 4th light. What is this for?
southlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14   #2
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: I love TIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlad View Post
I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums (maybe these were before updates) ....
Well it's still not perfect, of course, but it is better than it was

Quote:
One question, where the recording lights are I've noticed there is a 4th light. What is this for?
Future use, maybe? No-one really knows.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47   #3
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Is there a 4th tuner inside that isn't active?
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51   #4
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

its not perfect but I agree it is a lot better than it was I sent my first tivo back but have taken the plunge again and have been re tivod for about 2 weeks now.

It has vastly improved imo than when it first came out.
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

If I remember correctly the 4th light is something to do with interactive or VOD?
Old 07-03-2012, 13:45   #6
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If I remember correctly the 4th light is something to do with interactive or VOD?
Yeah, it's a download light.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 14:02   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
So I was all set to leave VM after the recent price rises, but was offered a great deal by outbound retentions to stay. This included swapping my V+ for a Tivo with free installation and activation.

After just over a week of having Tivo, I'm so glad I stayed with VM.

What I like:

*The look - much more stylish than the V+. Really like the remote too, feels more premium.
*Three Tuners that can record at the same time whilst watching recorded programme. Used to get alot of clashes with V+.
*Suggestions- One of fave features. It's recorded quite a few shows that I didn't even know were on.
*Folders- Makes things less messy with less scrolling.
*YouTube- Nice to have it on big screen.
*Wishlists- Now records all shows/films with my fave actors/directors

I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums (maybe these were before updates) and to be honest prob wouldn't have paid for tivo until it had been running for a few years and ironed out all the problems. But as it was free (with £3 monthly fee instead of £5) I took the plunge.
l am glad you are enjoying your new box southend.
Old 07-03-2012, 14:11   #8
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums
You must be refering to the VM Tivo forum; the unofficial 'whingers of the world' forum!
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 14:19   #9
Majordude
Inactive

Majordude is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear, reminds me of the posts on the TiVo Community forum when I first joined having bought an S1 TiVo.
Majordude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 16:20   #10
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

I've had Tivo installed upstairs and downstairs just this morning, upgraded from V+, can't wait to finish work and have a look
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 16:23   #11
Huffpuffin
Inactive

Huffpuffin is infamous around these partsHuffpuffin is infamous around these parts

I had Tivo installed yesterday, but haven't been able to use it yet! Called up yesterday evening to be told there was a problem registering all installs yesterday. Does anyone have an update on when this problem will be fixed?

Thanks.
Huffpuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 17:39   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffpuffin View Post
I had Tivo installed yesterday, but haven't been able to use it yet! Called up yesterday evening to be told there was a problem registering all installs yesterday. Does anyone have an update on when this problem will be fixed?

Thanks.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Tivo . 3 weeks 3 network problems !

Its so great - The rate the customer services are dishing out ( not asked for) refunds they will owe me money on the next bill
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 17:56   #13
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: I love TiVo

I love my Danny De"vito"
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 17:58   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I love my Danny De"vito"
Bet you got more hair then him though.
Old 07-03-2012, 18:05   #15
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Bet you got more hair then him though.
Yes I have but I'am shorter
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote