Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Huge fire at West London tower block

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Huge fire at West London tower block

Old 07-07-2017, 21:58   #376
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66 View Post
The council in "How to get a council house" had a 3 strikes rule, turn down 3 and you off the list.
wonder if they have the same here.
this has been politicised to the point where they can demand whatever they want ,no one wants to look like the bad guy and say no .
Old 07-07-2017, 22:30   #377
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
The council in "How to get a council house" had a 3 strikes rule, turn down 3 and you off the list.
Probably not.

I'm afraid any sympathy I had for these victims has slowly been lost. Yes, it was tragic, yes some of them lost loved ones as well as belongings (which should have been insured) but so have other people, on a daily basis, since this happened.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 23:33   #378
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Probably not.

I'm afraid any sympathy I had for these victims has slowly been lost. Yes, it was tragic, yes some of them lost loved ones as well as belongings (which should have been insured) but so have other people, on a daily basis, since this happened.
And to be honest i work with people who need care many months after a truma, yes i put myself in their shoes.

Its a fact many of the people who need rehoming will know people to put it bluntly who have been cremated to death.

Insurance will play very little part in their state of mind currently.But hey you thought of it.

It seems from postings very few people have much compassion as you have at least demonstrated.

The people involved in possibly the worst London fire since the blitz will need possibly years of support.

But i am sure they will be glad to hear that you at least are running out of sympathy.

Just hope you are able to reflect on your comments.But perhaps not.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Quote:
Yeah pretty sure they had not lived in a block where to put it bluntly where many of their neighbours had been burnt to death .

But hey its nice to know your view.

Last edited by richard1960; 07-07-2017 at 23:41.
Old 07-07-2017, 23:50   #379
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Dont hold your breath.

Old 07-07-2017, 23:55   #380
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Dont hold your breath.
I wont as you don't seem to have the skills sorry.
Old 08-07-2017, 00:25   #381
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I wont as you don't seem to have the skills sorry.

Old 08-07-2017, 00:37   #382
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
And to be honest i work with people who need care many months after a truma, yes i put myself in their shoes.

Its a fact many of the people who need rehoming will know people to put it bluntly who have been cremated to death.

Insurance will play very little part in their state of mind currently.But hey you thought of it.

It seems from postings very few people have much compassion as you have at least demonstrated.

The people involved in possibly the worst London fire since the blitz will need possibly years of support.

But i am sure they will be glad to hear that you at least are running out of sympathy.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Yeah pretty sure they had not lived in a block where to put it bluntly where many of their neighbors had been burnt to death .

But hey its nice to know your view.
You appear to be confusing compassion with the compensation culture prevalent in society now.

Yes they have gone through a very traumatic experience and do need support through that but don't you think the funds raised would not be able to support that? What does it stand at now? Over £10mllion, That's a lot of money per person to put it bluntly.

So please tell me how we can be more compassionate than to contribute more than £10 million to their need and assist them in the future?

As regards rehousing them where do you think the local council will be able to obtain that amount of stock from?

Tough **** they may have to enroll their kid in a different school if offered accommodation in a different borough but what does that matter?

What has compassion to do with that? I Would be more concerned that my child could continue their education wherever it may be
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:06   #383
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Was the Grenfell firefighters equipment up to scratch?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40535417
Old 08-07-2017, 08:35   #384
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Was the Grenfell firefighters equipment up to scratch?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40535417
In practice would it have made a jot of difference? Probably not, however in a bit of anti-Tory muck raking, it's peerless.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:46   #385
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Questions also need to be asked of how did the fire brigade fail to deal with initial blaze.

As I understand it the fire brigade was there and initially dealt with the fire in the flat, or at least thought they had.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:52   #386
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
In practice would it have made a jot of difference? Probably not, however in a bit of anti-Tory muck raking, it's peerless.
No politics mentioned by me as my opinion of politicians is unspeakable on a family forum like CF but l just hope that we can get to the bottom of this grim sad tragedy and at the end of it all lessons are learned and l mean learned and not ignored or put on the back burner until the next tragedy arrives.

Last edited by denphone; 08-07-2017 at 09:20.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:55   #387
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Tough **** they may have to enroll their kid in a different school if offered accommodation in a different borough but what does that matter?
I imagine they don't want to make kids, likely already traumatised from the fire, have to adjust to a new school, in a new environment and have to make new friends. It's hard for kids to move under the best of circumstances let alone after an incident where their homes, possessions and in some cases family members have gone.

I don't understand how people cannot have sympathy here.

Last edited by Damien; 08-07-2017 at 09:03.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:06   #388
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I imagine they don't want to make kids, likely already traumatised from the fire, have to adjust to a new school, in a new environment and have to make new friends. It's hard for kids to move under the best of circumstances let alone after an incident where their homes, possessions and in some cases family members have gone.

You often find that as with many things in life Damien as perhaps if some walked a mile in someone else's shoes and experienced it themselves then they might think rather differently.

Last edited by denphone; 08-07-2017 at 09:21. Reason: Deleting a word
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:07   #389
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You appear to be confusing compassion with the compensation culture prevalent in society now.

Yes they have gone through a very traumatic experience and do need support through that but don't you think the funds raised would not be able to support that? What does it stand at now? Over £10mllion, That's a lot of money per person to put it bluntly.

So please tell me how we can be more compassionate than to contribute more than £10 million to their need and assist them in the future?

As regards rehousing them where do you think the local council will be able to obtain that amount of stock from?

What has compassion to do with that? I Would be more concerned that my child could continue their education wherever it may be
You seem to be confusing money with solving the problems bought on by people seeing their friends and neighbours to put it bluntly burnt to death in an inferno,i am afraid not even one billion pounds each would solve the mental health problems arising from that , ,

As for housing stock if you have been reading this thread it has been suggested temporary housing via a modular design could be built quickly in the borough if the will was there,

This has possibly been a man made disaster we will have to wait of the inquirey ,why should the people who have suffrered serious trauma suffer more

This is a time when the children at school if they are attending will need their school friends more then ever not shipped far away.

Victim blaming seems to be the name of the game here and its an ugly thing to see.

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

At least somebody on here seems to get it.

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Questions also need to be asked of how did the fire brigade fail to deal with initial blaze.

As I understand it the fire brigade was there and initially dealt with the fire in the flat, or at least thought they had.
As far as i know when first phoned there was only a fire in one flat, the person who initially made that call has spoken on LBC,when the brigade got there she said the fire had spread to the sixth floor in a few minutes.

So no the brigade had not put the fire out in the one flat AFAIK.

---------- Post added at 08:25 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

[Admin Edit: Discussing Reputation comments publicly, is not permitted: If you have a concern then raise it with the person privately.]

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

[/COLOR]I will tell people a bit about where i am coming from i have been down there its utter carnage.

Yes on a personal level it has affected me how this could happen in 2017 is beyond belief ,would it have been different if the government had implimented the measures a coroner recommeded after the Camberwell flat fire in 2009 .

Who knows but they ignored it.

If people are telling me on here this and that go speak to the people down there ,i guess nobody on here has yet the keyboard warriors and their lack of empathy is astounding.

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You often find that as with many things in life Damien as perhaps if some walked a mile in someone else's shoes and experienced it themselves then they might think rather differently.
I can and do put myself in their shoes den, having been down there speaking to people its utterly devastating ,the stuff i have been told has moved me so much.

Last edited by richard1960; 08-07-2017 at 10:04.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:45   #390
Cable Forum

Cable Forum has reached the bronze age
Cable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze age

Reminder: Members should not be discussing Reputation received or given in any thread. It is not permitted. This must not happen again.
Cable Forum is offline   Reply With Quote