Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

Old 14-04-2009, 23:30   #16
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Constant light pins and needles on 2 fingers on my right hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssUnderground View Post
Moldova, I found the bed rather comfortable, especially as I was lying on it for 23 hours a day for 2 weeks. I came home and my bed was really uncomfortable in comparison! It took me 2 days to get used to it again.

Graham M, thanks for that. At least I'm not the only one suffering with this, and it sounds like you have the same as me feeling wise. I can feel hot/cold and pain no problem, just has the pins and needles feeling as well at the tips.

Thanks for the help so far everyone.
Well its a while since I used one so probably are much better now.

As you said it could have been the way you had to hold your arms with the drips in.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2009, 23:37   #17
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to AbyssUnderground

Well they have to be comfortable enough to lie on all day for those who can't really move. I could move but only for short periods, e.g. toilet/having a wash. Rest of the time I was lying down trying to keep the pain away...
AbyssUnderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 00:02   #18
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Well they have to be comfortable enough to lie on all day for those who can't really move. I could move but only for short periods, e.g. toilet/having a wash. Rest of the time I was lying down trying to keep the pain away...
I was in our local hospital a couple of weeks ago and with several drips had to lie on my back for a few days. Luckily all the beds are now electric jobbies with contour foam mattresses. After I got the hang of the controls and managed to get myself out of the pretzel position I found the bed a big improvement over the older types that I have been confined to in the past.
Old 15-04-2009, 00:12   #19
xocemp

Get it checked, just in case
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/c...pal_tunnel.htm
Old 17-04-2009, 21:35   #20
im2020
Inactive

im2020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy - did you have your laptop in hospital?

Almost all pins and needles in right hands of guys who post on forums are caused by ............. no not that ! ............. are caused by overactivity on the mouse.

I had it way back. Cleared it by using speech input for a week.

A possibility?
im2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 21:43   #21
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

AbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze ageAbyssUnderground has reached the bronze age

No, I didn't, I only had the crappy hospital internet thing built into the TV. Barely used the thing it was that hard to use. Maybe 30 minutes a day at most just checking my e-mail and my own forum. Cable Forum was blocked, as were a lot of other sites like YouTube and anything uncategorised. I was lucky my own site worked actually...
Old 17-04-2009, 21:45   #22
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

I get exactly the same thing, both hands, first finger (sometimes the second as well). More lately I'm having issues with the thumb on the right hand.

Mine is definitely down to computer use, and is definitely carpal tunnel syndrom of sorts.

It's only getting worse as well, and at quite a worrying rate.

Go see your doctor as soon as you can, use computers as little as you can, and if you have to use them for work make sure you have a proper and full DSE assessment carried out by a fully qualified assessor.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2009, 21:46   #23
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
No, I didn't, I only had the crappy hospital internet thing built into the TV. Barely used the thing it was that hard to use. Maybe 30 minutes a day at most just checking my e-mail and my own forum. Cable Forum was blocked, as were a lot of other sites like YouTube and anything uncategorised. I was lucky my own site worked actually...
Did the squash ball have any affect on your hand at all?
Old 17-04-2009, 21:47   #24
AbyssUnderground
cf.mega poster

I couldn't find one so I've been opening/closing my hand lots instead in hope to help the circulation. I'm sure its subsiding slightly bit I wouldn't like to say for sure just yet.
Old 17-04-2009, 21:49   #25
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I couldn't find one so I've been opening/closing my hand lots instead in hope to help the circulation. I'm sure its subsiding slightly bit I wouldn't like to say for sure just yet.
Try a golf ball or a tennis ball just to give a bit of resistance, go to a sports shop and try first if unsure.