Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:14   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Thanks. But now I'm wondering if might be another pr0n channel
Old 02-04-2012, 10:03   #17
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

any new about itv hd 234. comeing to virgin ?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03   #18
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

I also would just like to add my thanks to MB and all others who give us what they know.

if we waited for official announcements we'd already be watching them.
Old 02-04-2012, 13:00   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
any new about itv hd 234. comeing to virgin ?
Not at the moment Ken.
Old 02-04-2012, 14:26   #20
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not at the moment Ken.
ok mate thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 15:58   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...d/td-p/1123927

News regarding a Music on Demand search application.

Quote:
we will be introducing a Music on Demand search application, and it's currently scheduled for Q2. It looks great!

I'm also aware that we are working to integrate Music on Demand into the normal search functionality as well, though the App will be introduced before then. Both will make finding music much easier.

Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment
Old 02-04-2012, 16:36   #22
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

I too wish thanks to MB four works hard four us.
good fred I say...........

Is the English Grandma OK Carl ??

Seriously though - well done MB and other contributors for all the posts and information, that keep us going through these dark days of price increases, without any new channels.
Old 02-04-2012, 16:51   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
I too wish thanks to MB four works hard four us.
good fred I say...........

Is the English Grandma OK Carl ??

Seriously though - well done MB and other contributors for all the posts and information, that keep us going through these dark days of price increases, without any new channels.
Yes MB does do a wonderful job and l think l am right in that the prices have gone up from today and without any new channels added.
Old 02-04-2012, 17:16   #24
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
... the prices have gone up from today and without any new channels added.
Of course, they don't go down when channels are removed either
Old 02-04-2012, 17:29   #25
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Of course, they don't go down when channels are removed either
Most impressive Prof.
Old 02-04-2012, 17:50   #26
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Okay, it's not rocket science, but it's a good point when people complain that "so-and-so channel has disappeared so we should get a price reduction".

I answer with "yes, but it only if you don't mind the price going up every time they add any channels".

They seem to disappear after that.
Old 02-04-2012, 18:17   #27
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Okay, it's not rocket science, but it's a good point when people complain that "so-and-so channel has disappeared so we should get a price reduction".

I answer with "yes, but it only if you don't mind the price going up every time they add any channels".

They seem to disappear after that.
Out of curiosity though I would love to know what channel provider gets how much money out of say the XL subscription pot?

Old 02-04-2012, 18:28   #28
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Out of curiosity though I would love to know what channel provider gets how much money out of say the XL subscription pot?
I'm sure it isn't fixed - so a popular channel that attracts viewers to XL will get more than a channel which most people wouldn't look twice at.
Old 02-04-2012, 18:36   #29
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
It's something I've always been curious about too but something we will probably never learn. Comedy Central + 1 and ESPN are both only in the XL package. Surely both channels don't get an equal slice of the XL pie? I'd imagine viewing figures must play part in who gets what also. Actually when looking through the XL package, there are some channels that are XL only that I wouldn't mind seeing go...... if it freed up money to land other channels such as SKY Atlantic or Premier Sports. For me the likes of The Horror Channel, Liverpool TV, Motors TV, Current TV, Travel & Living plus TV5 can all go. I've never watched any of those channels.
Old 02-04-2012, 18:44   #30
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's something I've always been curious about too but something we will probably never learn. Comedy Central + 1 and ESPN are both only in the XL package. Surely both channels don't get an equal slice of the XL pie? I'd imagine viewing figures must play part in who gets what also. Actually when looking through the XL package, there are some channels that are XL only that I wouldn't mind seeing go...... if it freed up money to land other channels such as SKY Atlantic or Premier Sports. For me the likes of The Horror Channel, Liverpool TV, Motors TV, Current TV, Travel & Living plus TV5 can all go. I've never watched any of those channels.
Yes l agree most of these other channels are useless but l suspect Virgin got them quite cheaply when they signed the carriage agreements.