Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless turned itself back on!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Connection slows down after 17:00 hrs

Old 20-02-2012, 20:12   #1
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age
Connection slows down after 17:00 hrs

Ok, I have had the 30 meg service via the Superhub for three weeks now and every day without fail at around 17:00hrs until after midnight my connection speed falls to less than 6 meg with pings in the region of 40-50,now I know from reading on here speeds are throttled but this is ridiculous,I may as well of stayed on 10 meg as that always gave me between 8-10 meg,any thoughts/help greatly appreciated.

PS I use Speedtest.net for test purposes and I have tried via Ethernet and Wireless.
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 20:33   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Connection slows down after 17:00 hrs

only if youve gone over the download limit.. have you?

set up a pingmonitor on thinkbroadband.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 20:41   #3
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
only if youve gone over the download limit.. have you?

set up a pingmonitor on thinkbroadband.
Thanks for the swift reply,I certainly haven't gone over my download limit so not really sure what else it could be.

I will set up a pingmonitor ASAP.
Old 20-02-2012, 21:27   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

capacity, someone hitting his or her connection hard. The monitor will tell us more.

You could try tech support but you need a uk agent to get decent info..

make sure youve got respond to ping enabled within superhub setting.. 192.168.100.1 > login > advance settings > dmz page i think
Old 20-02-2012, 22:07   #5
kop32
cf.addict

Quote:
capacity, someone hitting his or her connection hard. The monitor will tell us more.

You could try tech support but you need a uk agent to get decent info..

make sure youve got respond to ping enabled within superhub setting.. 192.168.100.1 > login > advance settings > dmz page i think
These are my latest figures http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedt...6393217194.png
Old 20-02-2012, 22:11   #6
thenry
Inactive

whats your ping monitor like. there should be a share link.. or printscreen/upload
Old 20-02-2012, 22:16   #7
thedogger
Inactive

thedogger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
Ok, I have had the 30 meg service via the Superhub for three weeks now and every day without fail at around 17:00hrs until after midnight my connection speed falls to less than 6 meg with pings in the region of 40-50,now I know from reading on here speeds are throttled but this is ridiculous,I may as well of stayed on 10 meg as that always gave me between 8-10 meg,any thoughts/help greatly appreciated.

PS I use Speedtest.net for test purposes and I have tried via Ethernet and Wireless.
virgin media throttle speeds or as they put it traffic shape at 1700 till 0000 hours so speedtest.net shud still show ur correct speeds but they use diff ports to test speeds.i can test my speed at 1800hrs speedtest.net will show 50meg.but if i go to d/l via giganews on the newsgroups my d/l speed will be basically dial up.then at midnight bang back up to full speed.
thedogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 22:33   #8
kop32
cf.addict

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...0-02-2012.html
Old 20-02-2012, 22:44   #9
thenry
Inactive

keep the monitor running for a while. it'll auto store each days results.

doesnt look good atm. capacity issue.
Old 22-02-2012, 19:06   #10
thenry
Inactive

have you taken down the monitor?
Old 22-02-2012, 19:08   #11
kop32
cf.addict

Quote:
have you taken down the monitor?
how do I copy/paste the results?
Old 22-02-2012, 19:17   #12
thenry
Inactive

login into thinkbroadband and share your live graph>generate a share link. not sure how you post itin image form in this thread.. wrap the link inbetween...... [IMG] [/IMG] ?

as for previous days.. again generate a link... show previous days.. click on date then share snapshot>generate link.
Old 22-02-2012, 19:29   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Yuck
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 19:31   #14
kop32
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Yuck
That's one of the better graphs!!!
Old 22-02-2012, 19:33   #15
thenry
Inactive

edit your post above mate. not a real biggy but still your IP is showing. remove the image posted above, edit the post. . use paint or something to rub the ip out

could you upload another graph too mate. on your thinkbroadband monitor page.. click on Show Previous Days.. pick yesterdays or the day before and it'll show results of the entire day.

with what i saw from your montior before and that i think its safe to say your areas max subbed needing upgrading.

whats your speed doubles ETA.. capacity is said to being upgraded before the roll out