Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Old 09-08-2012, 18:50   #121
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Just had another software update much to my surprise. No idea yet what is better about it but I hope my battery will now last longer. Maybe this will be the final update before they start to roll out Jelly Bean towards the end of the year?

I am now on Android 4.0.4
Old 09-08-2012, 21:45   #122
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Just had another software update much to my surprise. No idea yet what is better about it but I hope my battery will now last longer. Maybe this will be the final update before they start to roll out Jelly Bean towards the end of the year?

I am now on Android 4.0.4
My battery life was terrible over the weekend, only last about 4-5hrs after full charge, this is with the latest update, I hardly use the phone during the day
Old 16-08-2012, 18:59   #123
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just got a s2 from VM for £17 a month which isn't too bad.

My one came with 4.0.3 on it and I updated it when it arrived yesterday. So far the only thing I find odd is you need to take the battery out to change the memory card. Still I guess the designers though you'd not need to get at it that often.

Ordered a 32gb card but irritatingly it hasn't shown up from amazon today despite paying for next day delivery.

Oh and it came with a micro sim card adapter which was useful as I'd been using my sim in an an iPhone 4.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 19:28   #124
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I
My one came with 4.0.3 on it and I updated it when it arrived yesterday. So far the only thing I find odd is you need to take the battery out to change the memory card. Still I guess the designers though you'd not need to get at it that often.
Yay for idiotic design.

The OS supports changing memory card without a reboot, but they made it physically impossible to do

The OS does *not* support changing the SIM card without a reboot, but they made it easily possible to do.

Thankfully they've reversed said idiotic design on the S3...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 12:32   #125
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

HHHmmm jellybean confirmed too?

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...ly-Bean-Update

Hope so.
Old 06-09-2012, 13:25   #126
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
I just got a s2 from VM for £17 a month which isn't too bad.

Ordered a 32gb card but irritatingly it hasn't shown up from amazon today despite paying for next day delivery.

Oh and it came with a micro sim card adapter which was useful as I'd been using my sim in an an iPhone 4.
How did you get the S2 for £17 a month,even on the starter tariff for VM customers already comes out at £28 according to the website.

https://www.virginmobile.com/vm/view...ringId=7493769

I was looking to upgrade to VM moblie but even with the customer deals they could not compete with three,who i stuck with the one plan offers 2,000 anytime minutes,5,000 texts,umlimited internet with tethering allowed.

As far as i could see a deal like that with VM would be around £33,where i got the one plan with three for £25 a month.
Old 06-09-2012, 13:29   #127
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I just called to cancel and that's what they offered me.

...and I am no longer a VM customer (aside from mobile).
Old 06-09-2012, 13:31   #128
richard1960

Quote:
I just called to cancel and that's what they offered me.
If thats what they were advertising for new customers(already with cable services) i would be heading their way now!

How many minutes,texts and internet did that plan include each month.

Sounds like a cracking deal with the right allowances.
Old 06-09-2012, 13:46   #129
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
If thats what they were advertising for new customers(already with cable services) i would be heading their way now!

How many minutes,texts and internet did that plan include each month.

Sounds like a cracking deal with the right allowances.
Well after reading your other posts it's not really comparable.

I get 200 mins 3000 texts and 1gb internet. Which is far more than I need.
Old 06-09-2012, 14:02   #130
richard1960

Quote:
Well after reading your other posts it's not really comparable.

I get 200 mins 3000 texts and 1gb internet. Which is far more than I need.
That probably explains the deal then,still if thats all you need its certainly not bad.
Old 07-09-2012, 20:22   #131
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

My wife's contract due to expire in 2 weeks. I am going to ask for similar deal with the s 2
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:43   #132
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Our family are all on Virgin mobile and I got the £17 deal for our daughter on S2 back in May.