Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Thinking Of Upgrading To Tivo Box- Can I Keep My V+ For Free?

Old 20-03-2012, 16:29   #1
Markjp
Inactive

Markjp is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking Of Upgrading To Tivo Box- Can I Keep My V+ For Free?

I am thinking of upgrading to a Tivo box. I currently have just the one box, a V+. I notice on Virgin Media I can opt to keep my V+ and have it transferred to another room.

In the small print it says "Additional box fee of £6.50 per month may apply". Under what circumstances will it be free and when do they charge.

I am only really interested in keeping the V+ box if it doesn't cost me any more a month.
Markjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2012, 16:47   #2
stevemon
Inactive

Services: XL TV, 10Mb bb, Phone, Tivo, V+
stevemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thinking Of Upgrading To Tivo Box- Can I Keep My V+ For Free?

I had tv L (basic) and V+ costing me £5/mth. They put me back to XL which meant I didn't pay for V+. Then offered tivo (500mb) free activation but £49.95 installation, moved V+ to any room and only £2/mth extra. I am sure that there is mileage in pushing for free installation as well. Just try them and see what you can get. VM seem desparate to get everyone onto tivo at moment.
stevemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 08:45   #3
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

You have to try retentions for the best deal. I did not want a Tivo but was out of contract & had B.T infinity & Sky camped out on my door step ( well flyers anyway!)

Spoke to them was offer small tivo free move of V+ free set up & install & a reduction of £10.50 per month ( how it breaks down I do not care- was paying over £50 now around £40) on my bill Still not crazy about tivo. How ever at that price I use as second box - I swapped them around having given it a go. Hopefully I will change back in April .
Old 22-03-2012, 11:21   #4
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

I read on these forums a few times that TIVO will be charged at £5 per month in the future for all TIVO users. Not sure if this is true.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 13:13   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
I read on these forums a few times that TIVO will be charged at £5 per month in the future for all TIVO users. Not sure if this is true.
Existing customers will continue to pay £3. New additions will pay £5
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote