Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NAT issues, help required

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 HDMI to LCD TV problems

Old 04-01-2009, 13:32   #1
alisterN
Inactive

alisterN is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 HDMI to LCD TV problems

hi i need help i have recently purchased a TEAC T22LID638 hd ready tv and am having major problems in setting up my hdmi cable. it reads my componant (YPbPr) cable and when i switch on the ps3 it reads that there is a hdmi cable attached and to press yes to switch over. then when i select for that to be the output signal it goes dark, i then switch to the hdmi channel on my tv and it just reads no signal.

i need help as i just spent money i dont have on this and its not working.

please help!!!

thanks a
alisterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 15:31   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: PS3 HDMI to LCD TV problems

Is the HDMI cable the only cable connected to the PS3 ?
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 15:33   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

My brother's old LG TV did this, we couldn't find a way around it and in the end he sold it and got a Samsung which has worked perfectly since, sorry I can't be of any more help, also it shouldn't matter if there's more than one cable attached since you can use the standard cable to output audio to an amp while using HDMI
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 15:43   #4
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
My brother's old LG TV did this, we couldn't find a way around it and in the end he sold it and got a Samsung which has worked perfectly since, sorry I can't be of any more help, also it shouldn't matter if there's more than one cable attached since you can use the standard cable to output audio to an amp while using HDMI
I was more thinking maybe the PS3 was set to output to another connection m8. Only reason I asked.

To the OP you may get more help over at the official Playstation forums as am sure someone must have had the same problem. try the PS3 gen disscussion section. Heres the link http://community.eu.playstation.com/...rd?board.id=62
Old 04-01-2009, 22:05   #5
alisterN
Inactive

origanlly i had a companat connected so that it would allow me to change my option it then worked and now it doesnt and it may be the resolution setting but i am not sure but i thnk you for your help and welcome any other suggestions

a
Old 04-01-2009, 22:09   #6
icestar2
Inactive

Its possible that your PS3 is trying to output to 1080p when the TV can only handle upto 1080i but I think the PS3 can auto detect this but you may have to run the test and if you cant get it on the screen in the first place I cant think of how you could do it lol.

When you set it to HDMI (on the PS3) do it manually and set it to only allow 480P and 720P and see if this makes any diffrence.
Old 04-01-2009, 22:09   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

If you hold the Power Button down while its on til it beeps twice, it should return you to the display settings menu where you can go back to how you had it before
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 14:34   #8
alisterN
Inactive

ok it still reads ypbpr cable and only sometimes reads the hdmi and when it does the screen stays black and occassionally flickers so that i can kind of make out the ps3 hdmi menu in the background.

its startin to get on my nerves. ahhhhh!!!!!!

a
Old 07-01-2009, 14:53   #9
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

Sounds like a faulty hdmi lead. Could you borrow somebody elses lead that you know works to see if it is that?
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote