Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Haze (PS3)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS2 Wireless Internet Connection?

Old 19-06-2005, 20:29   #1
Mindfunk.
Inactive

Mindfunk. is an unknown quantity at this point
PS2 Wireless Internet Connection?

Hey, recently in my home I have set up a wireless network, so both my PC's and laptop in my house can get an internet connection via router.

As that is all set up, if I was to buy a network adapter for my PS2, what steps would I need to take to get it online?

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps,

Imran.
Mindfunk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2005, 21:13   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS2 Wireless Internet Connection?

Wired:

Hook the PS2's network adapter to one of the router's LAN ports, using a straight-through ethernet cable.

Wireless:

Get a wireless bridge (e.g. Linksys WET11 or WET54G, or Linksys wireless gaming adapter). Set it up via the PC, then connect it to the PS2's network adapter.

I don't have a PS2, so there's probably a bit more to it than that! But I think that's the general gist of it. You'd also need to configure the PS2's network adapter - I believe it either comes with a CD for this or you have to order one.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 22:52   #3
Mindfunk.
Inactive

Thanks for your reply,

http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DG834GT

Thats the link to the router I currently have. Surely the network adapter should work as a signal reciever.

The modem allows four ports, i'm only using up three so should the router not use it's last port to send out the signal to the network adapter, the network adapter recieve it and then it will all be working fine?

If not, could someone give me a link to what I need to get all this working and instructions on how to do it please? It will be really really appreciated.
Old 19-06-2005, 23:50   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

to Cable Forum

The router has 4 ports + wireless. So can wire up to 4 items on the router, as well as use wireless. The wireless can theoretically add loads more devices limited only by the router's DHCP ability (IP address issuing).

This is what you need to connect your PS2 wirelessly:
http://www.netgear.co.uk/home_wirele...et_bridges.php

Wired is just a case of getting an ethernet cable between a spare port on the router and the network connection socket on the PS2
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 17:43   #5
Mindfunk.
Inactive

Thanks for your advice, that was very helpful.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:20   #6
__spc__
Inactive

Services: FreeSat, BT Infinity
__spc__ is on a distinguished road__spc__ is on a distinguished road

I have a WAN.
I've connected my PS2 slimline via crossover CAT5 cable to the network adaptor on my PC, which is in turn WiFi to the Router - just waiting now for the Network Access disc to come (eBay).
Obviously, the PC will need to be switched on, but it's on most of the time anyway.
Only concern is the WiFi signal is not all that strong in the vicinity of the PC, so will have to see what the effect on game play is.
__spc__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 16:08   #7
cjizzle1989
Inactive

cjizzle1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP PLEASE ! PS2 Wireless Internet Connection?

Hi. I am trying to connect my PS2 to the internet via my pc, is this possible ?

I have
a PLAYSTATION 2, 8MB MEMORY CARD, ETHERNET CABLE, PS2 MODEM+DISC, HOME PC w/WIRELESS CONNECTION TO BT HOME HUB.

Can anyone please help explain to me how to go about setting it up. Thanks alot.

Charlie.
cjizzle1989 is offline   Reply With Quote