Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free Voicemail Issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Free Voicemail Issue

Old 31-08-2011, 15:55   #1
MichelleUK
Inactive

MichelleUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Free Voicemail Issue

Hi,

I am posting this in the hope that there may be a simple answer, as I am now losing the will to live after having been bounced around the Indian call centre for the last half hour.

I would like to set up free voicemail on my Virgin line. I phoned 150 to set this up, only to be told that it was already set up on my line. I explained that I have telephoned my own number and it says that it has not been set up to accept messages.

I was then told to "hold on" whilst they looked into it - at which point I disappeared into a black hole three times, having to explain the whole thing again to a new person (with all the normal problems of the operator not understanding my account number, name etc....)

Is there not something simple that I can do to activate it from my phone rather than trying this soul destroying route again?

Thanks

Michelle
MichelleUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2011, 16:03   #2
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Free Voicemail Issue

My advice is to get your own answerphone rather than use the VM offering. I changed as one couldnt set the number of rings long enough to give us a reasonable time for answering it.

Otherwise phone in the morning as soon after they open as possible and you will stand a good chance of geting a UK call centre.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 18:45   #3
MichelleUK
Inactive

MichelleUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Free Voicemail Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
My advice is to get your own answerphone rather than use the VM offering. I changed as one couldnt set the number of rings long enough to give us a reasonable time for answering it.

Otherwise phone in the morning as soon after they open as possible and you will stand a good chance of geting a UK call centre.
Thanks, I shall give them a try tomorrow!
MichelleUK is offline   Reply With Quote